Compiling NDStation

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by tmpinator, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

Compiling NDStation by tmpinator at 6:56 PM (1,034 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. tmpinator
    OP

Newcomer tmpinator Newbie

United States
    As far as I can tell, the NDStation project is dead, but before development stopped, the ARM9 source files for the 3-in-1 were updated to support the new hardware. However, the project was not updated to work with the latest devkitPro libraries. I've tried to get it to work properly with the new libraries but even after updating function, variable, and constant names, the code is not running properly.

I was hoping that someone happened to have an old version of devkitPro since the ones that are kept on SourceForge are not old enough. I don't know how old the libraries are that the original developers used, but some of the names they were using that no longer exist are consoleInitDefault, SOUND_8BIT, SOUND_16BIT, touchReadXY [used to return a value, now it needs a pointer passed to it], touchPosition.X, touchPosition.Y.

2. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    I have a really old version of DevkitPro on my stationary computer. It still uses the touchReadXY like you mentioned. Maybe i can compile it for you. I hope so [​IMG]

3. tmpinator
    OP

United States
    Cool. The code is available on their Google Code site from the SVN repository at http://ndstation.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/nds. If you could get the files to compile and they actually work, I may try to see if I can finish v1.3 of NDStation.

4. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
  5. tmpinator
    OP

United States
    Wow thanks, that was a huge step forward in getting this to work. [​IMG]

Still having some issues unfortunately, but I think that's because the NDStation GUI is leaving out files from the final output.

Edit: This would be easier if I could throw in some debug code. Would it be possible for you to upload the version of devkitPro you used to compile this? [​IMG]

Edit 2: Looks like I might not actually need the old devkitPro libraries after all. It turns out the problem was not in the code written by chunkstudios, but in the EFS library that he was using. I found an updated version, so I can use the new version of devkitPro.