Homebrew Compiling a CIA from source using CTR_SDK and Omake for 3DS

pancakee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I've gone ahead and installed the omake (release3+patch7) for the 3DS, as well as downloaded CTR_SDK, and am hoping to compile a cia/cci from source code. Would anyone be able to help me learn how to use omake to compile a rom?

Attachments

• omake.PNG
    omake.PNG
    2.2 KB · Views: 161

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Go to a demo's project directory where "omakefile" is, then type omake in the command prompt.

It's really that simple - assuming you set ctr sdk up properly by getting a free dev account and using the NDI to download stuff.
It's much easier doing it the legit way.

Last edited by zoogie,

pancakee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Go to a demo's project directory where "omakefile" is, then type omake in the command prompt.

It's really that simple - assuming you set ctr sdk up properly by getting a free dev account and using the NDI to download stuff.
It's much easier doing it the legit way.

Thanks for the reply, I believe ctr sdk is installed properly, but when I run omake from the Demo's directory I get this error message -
C:\Users\-----\Desktop\SampleDemos\snd\BcwavPlayer>omake
*** omake: changing directory to C:\Users\-----\Desktop\SampleDemos
*** omake: reading OMakefiles
*** omake: finished reading OMakefiles (17.69 sec)
- scan snd\BcwavPlayer scan-cxx-snd\BcwavPlayer\objects\CTR-TS.Process.MPCore.small\Development\snd\common\SndDemoBase
+ 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\ARMCC_Nintendo_4_1\\bin\\armcc.exe' --cpp --debug_info=line_inlining_extensions --force_new_nothrow --fpmode=fast --no_exceptions --no_rtti --remarks --vfe --diag_suppress 186,340,401,1256,1297 --diag_suppress 1568,1764,1786,1788,2523,2819 --diag_suppress 96,1794,1801,2442 --diag_error 68,88,174,188,223 --diag_warning 177,193,228,550,826,1301 --diag_suppress 3017 --diag_suppress=optimizations --gnu --apcs /interwork --data_reorder --debug --diag_style=arm --dwarf3 --no_debug_macros --remove_unneeded_entities --split_sections --dollar --littleend --wchar --wchar16 --multibyte_chars --signed_chars -DNN_COMPILER_RVCT -DNN_COMPILER_RVCT_VERSION_MAJOR=4 -DNN_PROCESSOR_ARM -DNN_PROCESSOR_ARM11MPCORE -DNN_PROCESSOR_ARM_V6 -DNN_PROCESSOR_ARM_VFP_V2 -DNN_HARDWARE_CTR -DNN_EFFORT_SMALL -DNN_PLATFORM_CTR -DNN_HARDWARE_CTR_TS -DNN_SYSTEM_PROCESS -DNN_SWITCH_ENABLE_HOST_IO=1 -DNN_BUILD_DEVELOPMENT -DNN_BUILD_VERBOSE -Ospace -O0 --retain=calls --cpu MPCore --thumb -DNN_DEBUGGER_KMC_PARTNER -J'c:\\Program Files (x86)\\ARMCC_Nintendo_4_1\\include' -Jc:\Nintendo\3DS\SDK\ctr_sdk\include -Ic:\Users\-----\Desktop\SampleDemos\common\include -Ic:\Users\-----\Desktop\SampleDemos\include -Ic:\Users\-----\Desktop\SampleDemos\snd\common -M --no_depend_system_headers -oc:\\Users\\-----mulqu\\Desktop\\SampleDemos\\snd\\BcwavPlayer\\objects\\CTR-TS.Process.MPCore.small\\Development\\snd\\common\\SndDemoBase.o c:\\Users\\-----\\Desktop\\SampleDemos\\snd\\common\\SndDemoBase.cpp
Error: C9932E: Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature compiler) with license version >= 4.1201209
No such feature exists.
Feature: compiler
License path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMCC_Nintendo_4_1\sw\info\nintendo-anyhost.lic;C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMCC_Nintendo_5\sw\info\nintendo-anyhost.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".
Cannot obtain license for Compiler (feature bsp_compiler) with license version >= 4.1201209
No such feature exists.
Feature: bsp_compiler
License path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMCC_Nintendo_4_1\sw\info\nintendo-anyhost.lic;C:\Program Files (x86)\ARMCC_Nintendo_5\sw\info\nintendo-anyhost.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".
*** omake: 891/1234 targets are up to date
*** omake: failed (18.03 sec, 1/1 scans, 0/2 rules, 0/1864 digests)
*** omake: targets were not rebuilt because of errors:
<scanner snd\BcwavPlayer\scan-cxx-snd\BcwavPlayer\objects\CTR-TS.Process.MPCore.small\Development\snd\common\SndDemoBase>
depends on: snd\common\SndDemoBase.cpp
Before I tried, I went through and installed the correct licenses to the correct directories for both 4_1 and 5, then restarted my PC. I'm at a bit of a loss atm as to what to try.

Last edited by pancakee,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo