Hacking compil error on homebrew launcher and ftpiu

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Hi

I just installed devkitpro and devkitppc on windows 10. I then copy portlibs from dimok789 inside devkitpro install folder and set DEVKITPRO / DEVKITPPC env vars.

I managed to compil dimok helo world. however when trying to compl ftpiiu or homebrew launcher i m getting those 2 issues and can find any help online.

$ make
ftp.c
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/ftpiiu/src/ftp.c:66:11: error: 'MAXPATHLEN' undeclared here (not in a function)
char cwd[MAXPATHLEN];
^~~~~~~~~~
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/ftpiiu/src/ftp.c: In function 'ftp_PWD':
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/ftpiiu/src/ftp.c:219:7: warning: unused variable 'msg' [-Wunused-variable]
char msg[MAXPATHLEN + 24];
^~~
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/ftpiiu/src/ftp.c: In function 'ftp_MKD':
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/ftpiiu/src/ftp.c:259:8: warning: unused variable 'abspath' [-Wunused-variable]
char abspath[MAXPATHLEN];

/homebrew_launcher/src
$ make
Application.cpp
In file included from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/system/AsyncDeleter.h:21:0,
from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/gui/GuiElement.h:37,
from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/gui/Gui.h:20,
from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/menu/MainWindow.h:22,
from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/Application.h:20,
from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/Application.cpp:17:
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/system/CThread.h: In constructor 'CThread::CThread(int, int, int, CThread::Callback, void*)':
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/system/CThread.h:45:37: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(int, void*)' to 's32 (*)(s32, void*) {aka long int (*)(long int, void*)}' [-fpermissive]
OSCreateThread(pThread, &CThread::threadCallback, 1, this, (u32)pThreadStack+iStackSize, iStackSize, iPriority, iAttributes);
^~~~~~~~
In file included from c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/Application.cpp:21:0:
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/gui/VPadController.h: In member function 'virtual bool VPadController::update(int, int)':
c:/Wiiu/Tools/src_and_technicals/homebrew_launcher/src/src/gui/VPadController.h:41:31: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to 's32* {aka long int*}' [-fpermissive]
VPADRead(0, &vpad, 1, &vpadError);
^~~~~~~~~~
make[1]: *** [Application.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

D

Deleted User

Well, I definitely know what the problem with HBL is.
In devkitPPC version 28, the definition if an "int" was changed, breaking software that relied on an exact definition. The fix for this is to download version 27 and use that. Do not use version 28, 29 or 29-1.

For FTPiiU, I'm not quite sure. You mentioned using the portlibs. Where did you get them from? Did you get them from here? While you're at it, also get a copy of @dimok's libOGC package.

Reactions: DimitriPilot3

recgame77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
Well, I definitely know what the problem with HBL is.
In devkitPPC version 28, the definition if an "int" was changed, breaking software that relied on an exact definition. The fix for this is to download version 27 and use that. Do not use version 28, 29 or 29-1.

For FTPiiU, I'm not quite sure. You mentioned using the portlibs. Where did you get them from? Did you get them from here? While you're at it, also get a copy of @dimok's libOGC package.

Yes i used portlib and libogc from dimok; ans installed in c:\devkitpro; ftpiiu had been updated a while ago so i think it is maybe also this same issue. I ll try downgrading first then.
Thanks for answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one