Competition Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
The 15th, plenty of time to finish it up! Also, I had no clue you had a daughter, Hadrian.

injection18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also I need to reiterate that you need to MAKEyou own headphones. This is a creative contest, anyone can put a pair of headphones on and take a picture.

Oh I think I misread the rules, sorry, I'll try to make something else then ;)

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I didn't see any update on wether it is legit to do the creative stuff on a computer; so I just made it anyway.
In case it's against the rules or just not appreciated: I had fun making it and the image looks pretty awesome with all the filters slapped on it :P
ClickClickForTheImage

Reactions: 2 people

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I didn't see any update on wether it is legit to do the creative stuff on a computer; so I just made it anyway.
In case it's against the rules or just not appreciated: I had fun making it and the image looks pretty awesome with all the filters slapped on it :P
ClickClickForTheImage
I said no, I thought it would be cheating and no members agreed or disagreed so I'm going with a no though I'm glad you had fun but this isn't cheap tat we're giving away and the prizes are being bought from someone's own cash who would not profit one bit from this.

That sounds difficult, regardless of function. Are you certain?
My four year old daughter did this within a couple of minutes...I really can't understand how in anyway would this be difficult.

Reactions: 5 people

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I said no, I thought it would be cheating and no members agreed or disagreed so I'm going with a no though I'm glad you had fun but this isn't cheap tat we're giving away and the prizes are being bought from someone's own cash who would not profit one bit from this.
Ok, I'm out then, but please explain how this would be "cheating" exactly? You make it sound like no work went into the making of this (or digital stuff in general) and this is really a bit rude/ignorant/whatever (no offense).

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm out then, but please explain how this would be "cheating" exactly? You make it sound like no work went into the making of this (or digital stuff in general) and this is really a bit rude/ignorant/whatever (no offense).
Why didn't you make your entry physically? Would it have been lets say easier for you do it the way you did than physically?

I'm not shitting on what you did, I'm not saying that you didn't work hard or didn't put effort in or that doing what you did wasn't hard, I'm just saying as someone who could do what you did, for me it would be easier to do that than to make it physically. It's like saying "Dark Souls is easier than Mega Man 9". Is Dark Souls easy? No, it's just less so.

That is just my opinion here and rather than say "fuck you my rules" I DID ask others for their opinion on the matter...and no one said yes or no. If some people then start posting "Hey fuck you let the guy's entry count" or if the person who's cash is going towards the prizes said the same then there you go, it'll count.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If his gets in, I want mine in too.

gallery_193826_461_801928.jpg

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Geez Hadrian, you quite lost your temper there, didn't you?
I don't want to spoil the fun in this competition (because, let's face it: that's what I'm doing right now) so let's just say I'm disqualified and let it be.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez Hadrian, you quite lost your temper there, didn't you?
No temper lost at all, very calm. Sorry you read that in the wrong way.

However you didn't answer my question ;)

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, because there's no need to answer. Read my first post on this thread.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ClickClickForTheImage

That sounds difficult, regardless of function. Are you certain?
My four year old daughter did this within a couple of minutes...I really can't understand how in anyway would this be difficult.
Yeah I thought about it a bit more yesterday and realized I could still make an easy winner-class entry. I just gotta go home and get my supplies this Saturday.

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
This is me trying to distract you with shiny things!
https://www.dropbox....iny_headset.jpg

I had more shiny things I wanted to use, but it was apparently misplaced, couldn't find it. :( Also the photo is of rather bad quality because I turned off the lights to make it more obvious that the "antennas" are actually lit. (It's not as apparent when I have the lights on.)

...wait, are we supposed to look like the Tempy mascot? Oh well, I already don't want to spend more time on this. It was fun enough making my current entry. :)

Reactions: 1 person

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
So, all I need now is the string you get when you buy a mask or a pair of shoes... I can't hold the centre piece without it, and I don't have it...

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it was asked a few pages back and nobody seemed to notie or answer it I'll give my opinion. I personally think digital entries should not be allowed, when I read the article on the front page it clearly says take a photo of yourself wearing headphones you made yourself. Can't really wear a pair of digital headphones made from pixels on a computer, that's just how I see it.

Anyhow it's a competition and it's all in good fun, no need for anyone to get so hot headed.

--TearGod.

Reactions: 1 person

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, all I need now is the string you get when you buy a mask or a pair of shoes... I can't hold the centre piece without it, and I don't have it...
I'm in the process of getting ready to take my photo, but I'm using foam tape for the mask part.

Also, I'm going to be gender bending - because apparently, there are no girls on the Internet! (end sarcasm)

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I present...the Trash to Treasure Tempy!

Everything is recycled from Gamer Geek trash - mask is pepperoni pizza pocket packaging, speaker packaging, aluminum foil, paints and hot glue. The headset/faux phones are a broken headset with a capsule toy packaging hot glued and painted in.

gallery_232010_834_104045.jpg

The finished product! (I'm in drag (bound breasts, light facial hair!)....)

gallery_232010_834_24282.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2