Competition Time 2: RESULTS!

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Congratulations on the prize Mezut360! The HEX looked pretty slick to me. ;)

Costello, you asked me via PM if I was ok with the Kickstarter, and as I answered, I am.
However, there are a lot of things into consideration.

Most successful Kickstaters are because A) The idea is very very good, and is backed up by professionals in the industry, B) They are made by known and renowned companies, C) They have working prototypes which they show in their videos, D) Is made by professionals themselves.
Making a board game via Kickstarter is easy enough, but a brand new gaming console with a custom Android operative system is another game entirely.
And while the idea sounds and looks good on paper, making it a reality could prove highly challenging for us if we (or the people who will work on it) are not ready.
You need to invest time, money and effort to hire people to make a working prototype, professional programmers for the Android OS, you need permissions, you need to be well connected in the industry, you need to send the idea to game companies for the console to have killer support from game developers at launch. The OUYA was successful for this too, at first it had amazing support from indie game developers, but as it grow it got support from "AAA" game companies.

Im dont mean to sound pessimistic. I actually would love to have a console like that, as most people! But if people who are not ready try to do it and they fail, it would look as if 'consoles like that would just not work", and will also disappoint a lot of fans of the idea. I dont want that!

But if you feel like you can handle all the stuff what the hell are you guys waiting for!? GOGOGOGOGO.
You know you can have my files, you have my permission/blessing, and you have my support too.
I can help with graphic design and could give advice on industrial design. :P

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this will go to Mezut360.

As for a Kickstarter, you guys will have a donation from me if you go for it! Though I would want a cut of the profits seeing technically it only exists because of me.
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, Mars_x thank you.
That's very noble of you.

Don't mention it. Have fun with it! :D

Edit:

By the way, if the project gets Kickstarted, would you be interested in helping out with some 3D mockups of DOMINO?
Just asking :P
Yeah I wouldn't mind. It'll be fun :)

Sorry for taking so long to answer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.