Code 37: Installing Drivers

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Zetta_x, Apr 11, 2012.

Apr 11, 2012

Code 37: Installing Drivers by Zetta_x at 3:28 AM (271 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Zetta_x
    OP

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I was remotely fixing my sisters computer and it had tons of viruses, tdl rootkits, malwares... When we restarted the computer, the internet and keyboard didn't work. So I decided to drive all the way there, and a bunch of her devices (such as processor, network adapters) are giving code 37.

The operating system is Windows Vista,

I have done the sfc /scannow and fixed corrupted files, I have tried reinstalling the drivers and it keeps failing with code 37.

I have been doing this for almost all day and I cannot invest anymore time in this. On the rare offchance, I hope someone who has ran into this problem help me with this situation?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    From what I'm reading SFC doesn't even work off of hashes, it literally checks for changes while running, and replaces from the cache (a folder in the system directory) when a change is unauthorized... so it's possible the infection fucked up the backup copies as well.

If it were me, I'd do a "repair install" (in-place upgrade to the existing version from within windows) to make sure the system is set straight (and this will re-do the hardware abstraction layer anyways).

1 person likes this.
  3. Zetta_x
    OP

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    Unfortunately they don't have a CD and I didn't bring any backup CD's with me. Man this sucks, She lives a little over 40 miles away...

It was working before I scanned their computer, I wish I can just restore it and just leave her with the viruses.