COD5 Announced for DS&Wii

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Following the announcement that Call of Duty 4 was the biggest selling game of 2007, Activision has confirmed that the next installment of their multi-million pound selling franchise will be ported to Wii, DS and Playstation 2, in addition to the expected Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions.

In a financial conference call yesterday, Activision confirmed that the title will be released before March 31st, 2009 and will not follow on from Call of Duty 4's modern warfare theme, but will instead have a World War II setting.

Activision has also confirmed their line up for the rest of the year and into early 2009, including a new Spider-Man title and a revamped Tony Hawk's game.

April - June 2008
# Kung Fu Panda (six platforms)
# 2 Guitar Hero Spinoffs

Fall 2008
# Call of Duty 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PC, PS2, Wii)
# Guitar Hero 4
# Next Tony Hawk
# Quantum of Solace (Bond 22)
# Madagascar: The Crate Escape
# Kung Fu Panda Followup
# Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
# Next Spider-Man

Early 2009
# Monsters Versus Aliens (Dreamworks Animation)

Sauce: http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=11704

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"...will not follow on from Call of Duty 4's modern warfare theme, but will instead have a World War II setting...."

Yeah, I'd heard about the news, but that part, right there, is disappointing...and surprising, considering the success of CoD4. That said, out of the Big 3 western publishers, Activision seems to consistently put out the best-quality games for Nintendo systems, so I'll be looking forward to what they do on Wii & DS (especially DS, since it's always a pleasure playing a shooter on that system). Hopefully, Activision can take what Fusion did for controls on the Wii with Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, and add to that a more enjoyable online experience. MoHH2 was fun for a while, but eventually the hit-detection issues caused by laggy players makes the online gameplay too frustrating to enjoy.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
# Call of Duty 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, DS, PC, PS2, Wii)
# Guitar Hero 4
# Next Tony Hawk

When will these people learn that a game sequel doesn't need to be annual!?
sleep.gif

I really miss the time when a sequel toked it's time to be released.. and there was a big expectation about the changes in the game and when would it come out.. Now we know that the damn sequel will come out next year and it will be the exact same shit just with prettier graphics!
hate2.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
COD4 was pretty neat with all the modern warfare...but I can still enjoy an old tyme shootum-up.

We've got nothing to fear....but fear itself.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following the announcement that Call of Duty 4 was the biggest selling game of 2007, Activision has confirmed that the next installment of their multi-million pound selling franchise will be ported to Wii, DS and Playstation 2, in addition to the expected Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions.

Activision has confirmed that the next installment of their multi-million pound selling franchise will be ported to Wii, DS and Playstation 2, in addition to the expected Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions.

be ported to Wii, DS and Playstation 2, in addition to the expected Xbox 360

Wii, DS and Playstation 2
QUOTE(Incomplete @ Feb 12 2008, 04:07 AM)
Wii and Playstation 2
oh boy i cant wait >_>

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will be very interesting to see what the devs do for a mind-blowing scene (CoD4's nuke scene, last scene + half the scenes in between). Storming the beach has been over done so much.

P

pasc

please dear god if you hear me make them include a wifi mode into code (heck even friggin tony hawk has one !)

and if possbile a GOOD skatepark editore similar to the gamecube versions for the DS Tony hawk games (touchscreen screams for it !).

HOPE !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new