CoD: WaW connection issues?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by priapism, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008

CoD: WaW connection issues? by priapism at 4:28 AM (718 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. priapism
    OP

Member priapism GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i am using a PAL backup copy of CoD:WaW and forcing NTSC through WiiGator gamma. i can connect online fine but when i find a match the game says "searching for more players" and it just hangs on that screen. i know the game doesn't freeze because i can see the loading icon as it searches for players.

does this have anything to do with the way i am running the game or is it just a problem with the servers or something? i have been trying to get in a match for almost an hour with no luck. any help would be appreciated.

2. allthoseships

Newcomer allthoseships Newbie

Australia
    hey man
    from my experience with these backup loaders / region free trying to play games for another region
    ie NTSC-U games on my PAL wii
    it seems to create trouble with online play similar to those in SSBB connect but no matches
    i believe its due to the wifi trying to find conntections only in the region for which the game was created and so lag stops you from finding people unless you have a top rate connection
    so either upgrade your connection
    get the right version of the game (since its an out of region backup im guessing you downloaded it)
    keep trying and hope you get lucky
    or dont play online
    hope this helps

3. higuys

Newcomer higuys Advanced Member

Australia
    tried setting your country to something like australia?

4. grafik

Member grafik GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    im curious about this too. can someone that knows anything about this issue post about it? online is a big part of my gaming life. LOL

5. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ya use your own region games.....cod:waw pal came out before ntsc....