Cloud Saves Question w/ homebrew

HPR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I started playing TOTK on my steam deck. I totally intend to buy it when it comes out, however I have a question. I have two switches (oled & v1 w/o homebrew) and Have switch online. Is it possible to upload the save file from the emulator to my hackable switch, and using cloud saves, port it to my oled, which I intend to play using. I just started so I wanna know if this is technically possible, so I don’t have to replay that much. Thanks in advance!

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can probably import your saves from your Deck to your switch running CFW atmosphere easily enough. I think you'd have to take your CFW online to use the cloud save to have any hope of getting it to your OLED via Nintendo cloud saves. And I think anytime you start modifying saves on your OFW or go online with your CFW you risk a ban.

How's the performance on the Deck vs Switch?

Reactions: Hayato213

HPR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to overclock your deck a little, but it’s decently good. Frame drops there but it’s more than playable. Probably runs better on switch as I havn’t seen any footage to avoid spoilers.
You can probably import your saves from your Deck to your switch running CFW atmosphere easily enough. I think you'd have to take your CFW online to use the cloud save to have any hope of getting it to your OLED via Nintendo cloud saves. And I think anytime you start modifying saves on your OFW or go online with your CFW you risk a ban.

How's the performance on the Deck vs Switch?
I probably won’t modify my save past when I upload it, I only played it on my deck cause I’m impatient lol. hopefully I don’t mess it up when i do it.

Reactions: Thardus

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat. I already paid for my copy. I want to see if it's better on the OLED. Framerate bogs down quite a bit here and there on Erista v1 Switch. I was going to try it on the Deck. BotW in CEMU runs great. I haven't tried any Switch emulation on it yet

HPR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’d say go and start playing if you’re impatient like me, it runs well enough that I’d recommend it. Though if you have a more powerful pc I’d recommend playing it on that if the fps isn’t good enough for you.
I'm in the same boat. I already paid for my copy. I want to see if it's better on the OLED. Framerate bogs down quite a bit here and there on Erista v1 Switch. I was going to try it on the Deck. BotW in CEMU runs great. I haven't tried any Switch emulation on it yet
Post automatically merged:

I’d say go and start playing if you’re impatient like me, it runs well enough that I’d recommend it. Though if you have a more powerful pc I’d recommend playing it on that if the fps isn’t good enough for you.
Also, use ryujinx. Yuzu is broken for it from what I can tell.

Last edited by HPR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans