CLOSE! -but no cookie :(

Discussion in 'Android' started by LightyKD, Nov 10, 2012.

Nov 10, 2012

CLOSE! -but no cookie :( by LightyKD at 9:34 PM (1,532 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Has anyone else seen this tablet?

It's almost damn near perfect. I LOVE the 3DS setup but It sucks that there are no shoulder buttons or a second analog stick :( . This tab also comes with gingerbread as its default but I did see on a forum that someone made a Android 4.0 ROM for it and some stores sell this baby with 4.0. It has a smaller screen ( 5 inches) than the standard seven inches and also has a WVGA resolution. Some sites have a resistive version while others have a capacitive version. I'm not sure if I'm not sure if I want to break down for this baby. My wife and I are already planning on getting the JXD S6600. Anywho, based on first impressions, what d you ladies and gents think of this device?

2. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Not bad for the price. According to what I've read, the CPU in the device is an ARM Cortex A9 Amlogic 8726 M3 with a Mali 400 GPU - more than sufficient. 512MB RAM is a tad of a bummer, but then again, it is DDR3, so no worries there either. With that kind of a price tag, it's a steal. Now, if only it had shoulder buttons...

3. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    The resistive version goes for around 66 and the capacitive version goes for upwards to 110. Comparing that to the s6600 with 8GB of storage and a A13 processor (the s6600 is roughly 75 standard) I say that it's an OK price. shoulder buttons would have been nice. I really wish someone would just make a universal controller cradle like the one for the Wikipad.

4. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    I have some GREAT news to report. It looks like JXD finally found the cookie.

Introducing the JXD s7300
    [​IMG]

And the JXD s5600
    [​IMG]

I CAN'T WAIT till these two babies come out. I really wish they were out now because then I could at least back out of my current tablet choice. Either way, this is great news!

5. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    Good luck in getting screwed over awful support.

6. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    That could be said about almost all Chinese tablets. I'm sure that someone will get around to making a JellyBean ROM for the older yet more recent JXD models. As for the two new device families (families because both models have a revision A and B) I'm worried about them not having a common chipset (Mali, Tegra, Adreno, Power VR). Considering that the devices are aimed at gaming, it sucks that JXD failed to think about including a common chip :P . Finally, I would LOVE to see the two new models be used as a Ouya Controller. Just saying... ;)

7. raulpica

Italy
    Not happening since JXD are total a-holes and haven't (and won't) released drivers for the touchscreen controller and other proprietary stuff. Yes, you can run 4.0 on it, but what good is that if you can't even use the touch panel?

Well, different chipsets = expect JXD to support only one of them if you're lucky, in the worst case you'll see a single update for both of them then totally forgot about them.

8. kingcolex

Member kingcolex Joe "Coop" Cooper

United States
    How would custom roms work with these? Im sure there is a community who optimizes roms for these china gaming tablets.

LightyKD likes this.
  9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I would go out and get a real tablet and a ps3 controller instead of these junky china tablets

10. raulpica

Italy
    Go tell that to all the guys who are still waiting for custom kernels for the JXD handhelds. There are NONE. Just custom repacks compromised of the original kernels (which are buggy as heck) and a different launcher/build.prop.

11. kingcolex

United States
    Well i was looking at a JDX but then i saw this. [​IMG]
    Awwww yeah the Droidx360. I want.

12. raulpica

Italy
    From what I've heard it's slower and buggier than JXD's handhelds (a guy here on GBAtemp has one). Stay away from that! :P

13. kingcolex

United States
    Q.Q but... but Dual analog!

14. raulpica

Italy
    Google for "Archos Gamepad", you'll thank me later :P

15. kingcolex

United States
  16. raulpica

Italy
    One thing is that Archos is a known, not-chinese Company. You can at least expect some support from them.

Remember: if you see a company releasing SO many products a year, you can expect that their "development teams" haven't spent much time on them.

So it goes by itself that they'll be plagued with problems (the S7100B had a really nasty battery bug where the battery discharged in just 15 minutes even on full charge). Food for thought.

17. kingcolex

United States
    Archos is on my low list of companies though, i doubt unless it sells really well or the bug is found in the first 3 months that it will recieve a fix.