• Replies 64
  • Likes 11
Status
Not open for further replies.

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
No need to get mad bro. It really isn't our business what you do, just don't expect sympathy when your bad decisions come back to you.

I know what Im doing my card isnt brick yet. Dont expect us to say how great GW is blabla and I wont expect any sympathy because I dont need any. My 3ds wont brick. Its not your business what I do so dont reply then.

...for now it is working.

The irony is that without Gateway, you would not have your precious clone card.

Hate Gateway as much as you want, but you are biting the hand that feeds R4i. There would be no research & development without Gateway.

And if you want to skinflint on research and development, what you are left with is a poorly coded loader full of brick code. Thank R4i for that.

You can build a temple and pray for GW everyday as much as you want I dont care. We dont have games if games developers create one, so dont pirate and buy retail games. Guess you wont. Then dont act like GW is so honorable and should be praised. Praise the game developers, they are the one that deserve it if you must.

Im happy with my R4 so dont know what you are talking about. I can play the games I want. There are people who might be satisfied with the R4 you know. Not everyone has to agree with you. SO you just play on your GW and me on my R4i.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll leave you R4i fanboys to it, *wink* *wink*.

And try to avoid staining the $25, or some of you may start crying. I know know attached to $25 you are.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
The modus operandi of these R4i fanboys is to flood this thread with troll posts in order to get this thread closed

THE GRATE GOD
if this thread is not shut down everyone will suffer a terrible disease and perish, The fate of the world depends on you mods.

Although these threads are just for humor and laughs, the posts from some people .

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
643747732_1386800615.jpg

OK, for the benefit of the R4i fanboy circlejerking in this thread, here's the $25 you saved.

Circlejerk to that and knock yourselves out.

Then I give you the logo of GW and you can jerk off of it in your bed ok?

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And try to avoid staining the $25, or some of you may start crying. I know know attached to $25 you are.

You know, if you're gonna troll, at least try and hide the fact that you are doing so. At this point, it's just obvious that you're just being argumentative and baligerant, ignoring our points and just trying to rile us up. Like a typical Gateway fanboy.
Enjoy your little bubble of ignorance.

hiron

Trophies
XP
Country
You know, if you're gonna troll, at least try and hide the fact that you are doing so. At this point, it's just obvious that you're just being argumentative and baligerant, ignoring our points and just trying to rile us up. Like a typical Gateway fanboy.
Enjoy your little bubble of ignorance.

Exactly. I have a R4i but I also respect people who buy GW. Np they can do what they want. But if you attack me or troll me just because I dont have the same card as you then you can damn well expect me to counter troll back. Anytime guys...anytime.....

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
spinner09, I think you've mixed some facts up.
The clone loaders even had the Gateway logo inside them. They've stolen and modified the loaders slightly (which executes the bricking code).
Normmatt made a patch, not his own loader.
And no one has disabled the sanity check, it's a check to see if the launcher is corrupted and thus shouldn't proceed with the bricking code test.

And the clone firmwares haven't patched out the brick code, they've reverted to older firmware and slapped on a higher number.

I'm not on anyones side though, i think the brick code is a dick move on GWs part. They could've made a brick code that bricks the flashcard, and not the whole system. I'd find that acceptable.
Buy a clone card with stolen code, and that clone card gets bricked... tough luck.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bricking code was really a bad move, they should have bricked all the clone users, not just some of them.

Ah, gbatemp's resident Gateway Nazi finally rears his head. I was wondering when you were gonna show up.

I really should make a post about how the GIDF (Gateway Internet Defense Force) has been fagging up these forums with useless troll posts and nonsense in an futile attempt to try and remove some of the stink this whole fiasco has caused Gateway's reputation. It's pointless, bro. Gateway has shown their true colors now, and people wont make the mistake of trusting them again. So, go ahead and keep ranting.

Btw, I'm pretty sure either you or one of your insane cohorts will now call me a "r4i shill" or "Chinese mafia" or some other bullshit, just because your messiah told you so. I'd expect nothing less from a bunch of such brainwashed insecure little people. But for now, I'll simply say goodnight.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, calm down. You've been here for 2 months and go around throwing accusations everywhere.

xBleedingSoulx has been borderline trolling for days, since this whole fiasco started. Just check his post history. Other users have called him out on it as well. Besides, he just wished that every clone user had gotten bricked. Who the hell would wish that, other than a diehard Gateway fanboy? There are a lot of innocent people out there using clones (may even not be aware of it too) who don't deserve to get bricked.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
xBleedingSoulx has been borderline trolling for days, since this whole fiasco started. Just check his post history. Other users have called him out on it as well. Besides, he just wished that every clone user had gotten bricked. Who the hell would wish that, other than a diehard Gateway fanboy? There are a lot of innocent people out there using clones (may even not be aware of it too) who don't deserve to get bricked.

You know you're a funny guy, completely full of sh*t but funny none the less. As my post history shows, the first time I posted in relation to "this whole fiasco" was yesterday and I made 4 posts, most of which were replies to people, one of those people being you. I'd hardly say that makes me a "Gateway Nazi" or a borderline troll.

I do agree with what Gateway have done, if in fact the bricking code does exist, which so far I've seen no proof of, nor have I seen any proof that any legit Gateway users were affected. As for the reason why I agree, it's simply because they knew the risks associated with using piracy hardware and there were several posts on this forum and other places warning people not to buy clones both before and after they were released. The chances of bricking a console when using a piracy device is already pretty high, even more so when it's with a clone of said device from a manufacturer that has no idea how to hack the 3DS.

Reactions: mhss

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know you're a funny guy, completely full of sh*t but funny none the less. As my post history shows, the first time I posted in relation to "this whole fiasco" was yesterday and I made 4 posts, most of which were replies to people, one of those people being you. I'd hardly say that makes me a "Gateway Nazi" or a borderline troll.

I do agree with what Gateway have done, if in fact the bricking code does exist, which so far I've seen no proof of, nor have I seen any proof that any legit Gateway users were affected. As for the reason why I agree, it's simply because they knew the risks associated with using piracy hardware and there were several posts on this forum and other places warning people not to buy clones both before and after they were released. The chances of bricking a console when using a piracy device is already pretty high, even more so when it's with a clone of said device from a manufacturer that has no idea how to hack the 3DS.

I suggest you take a long look at the quote below and the article. It pretty accurately sums up most people's thoughts on this whole affair, and even includes some choice quotes from well known coders in the scene who already confirmed the bricking code.

http://wololo.net/2014/01/19/ninten...-blames-competitors-for-their-shady-practice/

there is brick code in the GW Launcher.dat

Mathieulh, know his code
he was a big name in the PSP scene

mhss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

How would you call yourself? You are spreading lies and misinformation for last week all the time, in your own thread from 2 days ago (which was closed for obvious stupidity) you were proven to be misinformed moron, you are obviously Gateway hater and R4 shill with no life apparently. You are sad and lonely person, I pity you.

Reactions: xBleedingSoulx

Punkrox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But calling him a "Gateway Nazi" still seems a bit harsh.

I thought so to before I looked at his avatar. It's the swastika rebranded as a G for Gateway. It doesn't get much dumber than that...

Bricking consoles is so counterproductive, the gateway is evidently not smart or mature.

Would it be ok if rom dumpers inserted bricking code because you're stealing from Nintendo and other publishers?
Would it be ok if Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft put kill switches in their systems if they detected it was being tampered with?
Would it be ok for the wood firmware developers (not made by gateway) to inserted bricking code that is randomly triggered upon launch?

It's normal for people to steal code that allows you to steal. It has happened on previous flashcards and will continue to occur in the future.

It's time to put on your big boy pants Gateway and Gbatemp zealots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2