Homebrew Clearing cIOS, Need Help.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,295
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
So, hi again, people of GBATemp. I've been messing with my Wii recently and eventually things got to the point where they don't seem to work as intended. While it's nothing that prevents things from becoming largely unplayable, it has become tedious to do things.

I use backup loaders because I have a habit of scratching up my game discs. I mainly use WiiFlow.

For some reason, I always have to reinstall cIOS 249 and 250 when I want to play a game on WiiFlow/USB Loader GX. Some games still didn't work even after that. I knew this was because some other cIOS were interfereing. So, I looked online for an answer as to go about getting rid of all the cIOS I have, as I can simply reinstall the cIOS I need (only one time) once it's finished.

I found no answers.

I tried to update, perhaps that would reverse my cIOS? Well, it did erase some, but froze after a while. The cIOSes it did erase were ones that I actually needed for my backup loaders.

So, that's where I ask you. How would one go about wiping all their cIOS back to default? I'm not asking for a full removal of Homebrew, just removal of my cIOS.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need to remove old cIOSes and they cannot interfere with each other. They are not used unless homebrew or a game explicitly loads them. Just reinstall d2x in 249/250. You have something else wrong if you think you need to reinstall an IOS when you want to play a game. They have to be intentionally removed.

D

Deleted User

OP
UPDATE: Maybe this code dump from WiiFlow will help:
IMG_5235.jpg

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't help without any context. In order to use data from a DSI dump you would need to know the exact version of the loader and have the .elf file for that build to determine where the crash occurred.

Do you have the WiiFlow forwarder and the hidden return channel installed? Do you have the loader configured to use a regular IOS or a cIOS? Is it a flash drive or an HDD?

D

Deleted User

OP
It wouldn't help without any context. In order to use data from a DSI dump you would need to know the exact version of the loader and have the .elf file for that build to determine where the crash occurred.

Do you have the WiiFlow forwarder and the hidden return channel installed? Do you have the loader configured to use a regular IOS or a cIOS? Is it a flash drive or an HDD?
Okay. In that case, it happened when I tried loading SMG2 off my 64GB USB stick. I use a WiiFlow forwarder. I can get the .elf file in a few hours. It runs off a cIOS. Unfortunately I can't find the version I'm using. I'll have to get that in a few hours as well. All I remember about it was that it very well might be a BETA version.

EDIT: It doesn't crash only on SMG2, that was just where the error message was from.

D

Deleted User

OP
It is crashing before the game launches. I hit "START" in WiiFlow and... crash.
I don't know how to check which cIOS WiiFlow uses. I just have it set to default.
I wasn't able to find any .elf files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay