Hacking Clean up my Sysnand

PhilHarris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hallo,

A few weeks ago I setup my unpatched Switch for CFW use. I tried to follow the tutorials very closely and also created a Nand Backup, a Sysnand and an Emunand. Unfortunately I couldnt lauch to my Emunand because of some error. I fixed the error now but in the meantime I used my Sysnand for all the homebrew stuff. I never went online though since using CFW. Is there a way for me to get my sysnand conpletely clean again? And is it possible without starting from zero? I want to use my current sysnand as the new emunand and then make a completely clean sysnand so I dont have to reinstall everything.

I have a nand backup from before CFW, never went online since CFW and never updated my firmware.

Thanks in advance!

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hallo,

A few weeks ago I setup my unpatched Switch for CFW use. I tried to follow the tutorials very closely and also created a Nand Backup, a Sysnand and an Emunand. Unfortunately I couldnt lauch to my Emunand because of some error. I fixed the error now but in the meantime I used my Sysnand for all the homebrew stuff. I never went online though since using CFW. Is there a way for me to get my sysnand conpletely clean again? And is it possible without starting from zero? I want to use my current sysnand as the new emunand and then make a completely clean sysnand so I dont have to reinstall everything.

I have a nand backup from before CFW, never went online since CFW and never updated my firmware.

Thanks in advance!
Restore your clean sysNAND backup, its the only way to make it "clean".

Reactions: PhilHarris

PhilHarris

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Restore your clean sysNAND backup, its the only way to make it "clean".

Can I somehow change my sysnand to be my emunand and then restore my clean Backup on a new sysnand while keeping the emunand?

Thanks, but since this resets everything anyways, wouldnt restoring my nand be the safer option?

Last edited by PhilHarris,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can I somehow change my sysnand to be my emunand and then restore my clean Backup on a new sysnand while keeping the emunand?

Thanks, but since this resets everything anyways, wouldnt restoring my nand be the safer option?
i don't use emunand, but i'm sure there's an option in hekate that creates emunand from your current sysnand. So the answer to your first question is yes.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

1. when creating emunand you can clone your sysnand or use a backup
2. if you have a clean backup restore it, updating it

a) official way, if you care about fuses, have your payload and jig ready and hold the button once the screen goes blank and reboots as when updating will remove autorcm
b) if u use choi to update after restore u have to use haku33 to clean it

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
  • Put sysnand in airplane mode or remove every WiFi connection
  • Create a new emunand from your sysnand
  • Restore your sysnand backup
You may need to move your Nintendo folder from SD root to /emuMMC/RAW1/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.