clean firmware??

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Latyana, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Latyana
    OP

Latyana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    how would one go about installing a clean firmware?? I'm told mine could be a franken firmware. and while I love horror movies it isn't something I want for my 3ds. lol.
    I been trying to install NTRselector but it either wants to error or error and force to close and restart my 3ds. anymew the clean firmware might help. so I'm game.

2. M tha MaN

M tha MaN GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2009
    Germany
    You just have to do the 9.2 downgrade untill it finishes succesfully.

3. Latyana
    OP

Latyana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    I'm on a9lh already. that is confusing. on old 3ds

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

and its on the 11.1 firmware.

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Is the firmware 11.1-34?, if you made any backup when you first set up your A9LH then you can try to restore using that, Im not 100% sure but I think you can use a 9.2 CTR transfer as your last resort to go back to 9.2.0-20U/E/J etc.

Latyana likes this.
  5. Latyana
    OP

Latyana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    as of earlier it is on 11.1-34U yes. I'm looking into things as I get information. tyvm for that one

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

well now its restored back to my 11.0-33U lol. I decided to wait and research this franken firmware issue as I don't really believe I got that. and I also decided to look into the clean firmware in case I might need it.

Hayato213 likes this.
  6. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    you didnt have a franken fw. did you get the latest boot ntr files?

7. Latyana
    OP

Latyana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    yes. I was given the latest files of NTR but it either crashed back to the menu and forced a restart or it froze. it's really disheartening too. as I love trying new things out.

Last edited by Latyana, Sep 24, 2016 - Reason: typos
  8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Do you have JUST "ntr.bin" on the root of your SD card? It has to be named that for BootNTR.

9. Latyana
    OP

Latyana GBAtemp Fan

Jun 7, 2015
    United States
    well this is for the NTR selector. im told i wont need the bootNTR cuz it does it all in one. ive had the bootNTR on my 3ds but its always crashed. closest as it has seemed to load is on the bootNTR it was trying to load the 3.4 i just wish i knew the problem. its frustrating.