Classic Controller Workaround for Virtual Console?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Darrow2, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Darrow2
    OP

Darrow2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2015
    United States
    Hey guys, I've been chomping at the bit to replay Paper Mario 64. I installed the wad, but then realized the game demands you use the classic controller which I don't own. I was curious if anybody found a way to work around this. I tried using a GC controller with a Mayflash GC/USB Adapter, but it was a no go. Thanks.

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    You can buy one of the Mayflash adapters that plugs the GC controller into the bottom of the wiimote (this one) and it will be recognized as a Classic Controller and will work with the game.

3. Darrow2
    OP

Darrow2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2015
    United States
    That's a good idea. The classic controller kind of sucks so I'd rather not use it anyway. If there is a hack to somehow get the GC/USB adapter to work though I'd prefer that. It's annoying to have to buy another adapter after I just got one.

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    the gc usb adaper is a hid evice so no it wont work on any VC game, you need an actual CC or that adapter abode, on a wii with gc ports you could use your gc controller trough the ports but on wiis without gc ports and wiiu the adapter will never work for VC channels.

endoverend likes this.