Hardware Homebrew Classic Controller Pro Controller doesn't work on homebrew on certain controllers.

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have recently bought a Classic Controller Pro for the Wii, and it seems to work with official games and on the Wii menu. However, when I try to use it for homebrew (like using emulators or even just navigating the Homebrew Channel), it doesn't recognize my inputs at all. Now here's the strange thing: it does recognize the inputs of the Classic Controller if I connect it to a specific Wiimote (a white one without Motion Plus). It doesn't seem to work with my other Wiimotes, which have Motion Plus.

All of my controllers seem to be official. I have not found any evidence in the contrary. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there any solution besides buying another Wiimote?

Reactions: TonyNESgri

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently bought a Classic Controller Pro for the Wii, and it seems to work with official games and on the Wii menu. However, when I try to use it for homebrew (like using emulators or even just navigating the Homebrew Channel), it doesn't recognize my inputs at all. Now here's the strange thing: it does recognize the inputs of the Classic Controller if I connect it to a specific Wiimote (a white one without Motion Plus). It doesn't seem to work with my other Wiimotes, which have Motion Plus.

All of my controllers seem to be official. I have not found any evidence in the contrary. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there any solution besides buying another Wiimote?
The clones have gotten really good where if u don't open them u will never know its a clone

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But which one is fake? My Classic Controller or the WiiMote? Because the Classic Controller only seems to work with my old WiiMote (the one that came with my console). Are all my other WiiMotes' fake?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But which one is fake? My Classic Controller or the WiiMote? Because the Classic Controller only seems to work with my old WiiMote (the one that came with my console). Are all my other WiiMotes' fake?
One way to know is to look if they all have tri-wing screws, screws are inside just remove the battery cover, for Wii remotes. Same for the Classic Controller & Pro, screws on the back, they should have the Tri-Wing, if not, it's a fake.

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Get one of the official Classic Controller Pros in either gold or red.

They were limited editions. Most people who had them got them for the novelty value and didn't actually use them. I've got two gold ones which both arrived in mint condition.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like people said look at the screws.

if the screw is tri wing that means it only has 3 sides its official, if its a regular screw its a fake/3rd party stuff that mostly doesnt work on homebrew.

triwing screws are like this
221000587623_01381.jpg

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
like people said look at the screws.

if the screw is tri wing that means it only has 3 sides its official, if its a regular screw its a fake/3rd party stuff that mostly doesnt work on homebrew.

triwing screws are like this
221000587623_01381.jpg
Thanks for the picture for reference! I checked my controllers (both my Classic Controller Pro and my Wiimote) and both had the tri-wing screws. As I said, I am almost certain that what I have is official, but sadly, it seems that my Classic Controllers only want to work on one of my Wiimotes. It's bizarre, and only seems to affect my homebrew. They work perfectly on regular games and on the Wii menu.

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
One way to know is to look if they all have tri-wing screws, screws are inside just remove the battery cover, for Wii remotes. Same for the Classic Controller & Pro, screws on the back, they should have the Tri-Wing, if not, it's a fake.

I should check that once I get an official one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P