Hacking City Folk Save File problem

zelda8822

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I searched and could not find any information on this issue.

I have a modded Wii and Animal Crossing City Folk used to work fine, but now it says:
"The Animal Crossing: City Folk file cannot be used because the data is corrupted." at the title screen.
And it gives me an option to delete the file and make a new town.

I don't recall doing any modding around the time it's been giving me this problem except maybe using ModMii to update the shopping channel.

Can anyone help me restore the animal crossing save file? If there's any more information I can provide that would be of use, please let me know. Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't backup your save, try extracting it and opening it with ACToolkit. If you are able to view the information of your town, then it should be recoverable. I have had this happen before, and saving it in ACToolkit usually fixes whatever problems there were. Install the new save file back to your Wii using Savegame Manager GX.

zelda8822

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it was shut down while saving because someone else plays the game aside from me.

Thanks for the advice, Lacius. I will check to see if I saved a backup and/or try extracting it...then I'll let you know.

zelda8822

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I tried extracting and opening the animal crossing save file with ACToolkit, but when I try opening it, it says "Invalid file!". I chose the rvforest.dat file when opening. Any ideas where to go from here, or is this save file not recoverable? Thanks

I also found a save file I had from when I first started playing City Folk, so if nothing else works, I'll just use that one.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the size of that problematic RVFOREST.DAT file. It should be exactly 4,256,576 bytes (0x40F340). If it is then I could try checking it if you want. Just PM me where to download the file.

FYI, I have developed DiiLC application that needs to deal with the structure and the checksum of this file. I cannot promise that I could solve your problem, but I will try and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: