Hacking cIOSCORP v3.6 Release!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any one noticed when i try the conduit for wii my game freezes on wi-fi? when i go to friend menu it freezes for a minute then it works.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
DJPlace said:
why do people want this waninoko rev 16 so bad? it does ont matter everything of mine works so far.
I'm going to make a guess here because I don't know, but the proper New Super Mario Bros. Wii fix seems interesting. Being able to backup newer Wii-games without having to patch them or use a loader would be nice.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all.

sorry i'm a noob and i've been reading alot but i'm still confused about some stuff.

I followed a guide called "the complete softmod guide", i think it is found on this site. ( i don't dare link to it i'm not sure if i'm allowed)

Now there's "downgrade ios15" step wich i did succesfully Then there's this....

QUOTE said:
2b) Back in the TBR menu, change the IOS to IOS15 and press A (NOT B).
Now go in the IOS36 menu.
Leave the top option to 36 and change all other things to yes.
Once you did this, go to Install patched IOS and press A.
It will again ask where to load the IOS from, so say Download IOS from NUS (...).

2c) Once thats done as well, go back to the TBR menu and choose IOS36 (if its not set to that).
Press A to go to the next screen.
This time, choose Restore IOS15.
If it asks you where to load the IOS from, you should know what to do by now.

and i could never get to that part... i just proceeded to delete stub ios and reset my wii.

Now i can play a snes emulator for example, or my retail copy of wii sports, but my RETAIL copy of Zelda doesn't work anymore, the idsc is not recognized.... i tried running usb loader gx just to what it would do and it gave me an error message saying i require cIOS installed.

Now at this point, will installing this thing will fix my zelda problem and let me load usb backups t oo? i'm sorry i'm so nervous to do anything to my wii right now i just want a confirmation from someone who knows what they are doing.

i had a 4.2 virgin wii with serial lu40xxxx

Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.

seb77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Each and every step of the guide are important and need to be done in order to play backups...

After downgrading your IOS15 you need to put back the trucha bug into IOS36 (step 2b) and restore IOS15 to its original state (step 2c)

Now that you have an exploitable IOS (IOS36) you can use it to install the cIOS and USB/DVD loaders needed to play backups.

That's the idea behind all these hacks... use an official IOS (IOS36) and use a bug (trucha bug) in it to execute unnoficial software like cIOS installers, install unnoficial channels, load backups etc...

So... follow the guide.

After patching IOS36, restoring your IOS 15 and removing all the stubbed IOS you need to install a cIOS. I suggest you to install Hermes cIOS as well as Wanin cIOSrev14/15/16 (whatever version you want depending of your needs).

Then you need an USB Loader. I suggest you Wiiflow or USBLoader GX. They each have a nice GUI easy to use etc...

Don't forget Priiloader if you don't have Bootmii as boot2 for Nand backup/restore purposes.

Hopes this will help you !

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
seb77 said:
Do you plan to add IOS58 support in your next version of cIOSCorp ?
Yes! IOS58 has already been 'corped'. v3.7 is nearing completion. We are mainly working on the documentation now (README, compatibility list) and a "cIOSCORP v3.7 Testing Kit", so that people can properly test games and submit all the results needed.

Maikel Steneker said:
QUOTE(DJPlace @ Dec 29 2009, 05:15 AM) why do people want this waninoko rev 16 so bad? it does ont matter everything of mine works so far.
I'm going to make a guess here because I don't know, but the proper New Super Mario Bros. Wii fix seems interesting. Being able to backup newer Wii-games without having to patch them or use a loader would be nice.
The fix is NOT 'proper'. All it does is read BCA data from offset 0x100 in the iso, which means you still need to patch the game, just the BCA patch, not the main.dol patch. And yes, v3.7 will have rev16's DIP in IOS53. Only IOS53. That way you can add the BCA data to NSMBW and it will work, without having to patch the main.dol and fakesign the disc (but of course main.dol patched versions will work too).

seb77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
da_letter_a said:
seb77 said:
Yes! IOS58 has already been 'corped'. v3.7 is nearing completion. We are mainly working on the documentation now (README, compatibility list) and a "cIOSCORP v3.7 Testing Kit", so that people can properly test games and submit all the results needed.

Cool thanx for the info !

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
...but I don't have Your Shape to test it. I've tested it with other games, and the wad works though.

I'll pm you within the next few days, seb77, if you want to test it with Your Shape.

Marc1994

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can i use the 3.x uninstaller to uninstal cioscorp 3.5/3.4?
Must I use the uninstaller before upgrading to 3.6?

drh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
seb77 said:
da_letter_a said:
seb77 said:

Cool thanx for the info !

Excellent, I am also keen to know if it will solve the "Your Shape" issues.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know its not on your compatability list but I just tried DDR3 (NTSC) and it doesnt seem to read the disk through the disk channel using preloaders 4.2E region free hack:

Code:
[Disable 4.2E disc region checks]
version=482
offset=0x8137DC90,0x8137E4E4
value=0x4800001C,0x60000000
(is this new code legit?)

Should this work fine with 3.6 and said hack?

Disk works fine through neogamma R8 b15.

Jiang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I have cioscorp 3.5 installed, and I want to use bootmii on my wii, but I wasn't able to. Should I uninstall cioscorp 3.5 first, then install 3.6? Or it doesn't matter?

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this install Waninkoko's cIOS249 automatically or do I have to install it seprete (putting Waninkoko's cIOS249 installer in apps and running it from HBC)?

Also should I wait for 3.7 (since above it is commented that it is near completed) or just install this?

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beast666 said:
wait for 3.7
Too bad there is no ~release date.

Oh well
smile.gif

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KiiWii said:
I know its not on your compatability list but I just tried DDR3 (NTSC) and it doesnt seem to read the disk through the disk channel using preloaders 4.2E region free hack:

Code:
[Disable 4.2E disc region checks]
version=482
offset=0x8137DC90,0x8137E4E4
value=0x4800001C,0x60000000
(is this new code legit?)

Should this work fine with 3.6 and said hack?

Disk works fine through neogamma R8 b15.
Try my hacks.ini:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5uhwjnemt4j

Jiang said:
Hey, so I have cioscorp 3.5 installed, and I want to use bootmii on my wii, but I wasn't able to. Should I uninstall cioscorp 3.5 first, then install 3.6? Or it doesn't matter?
If you want to use hackmii installer, uninstall v3.5 first.

riahc3 said:
QUOTE(beast666 @ Jan 9 2010, 06:18 AM)
wait for 3.7
Too bad there is no ~release date.

Oh well
smile.gif
Still got a few things to go through before it goes through testing, so no exact date yet.

Bit off-topic:
I'd normally put it in my sig, but sigs aren't working properly ATM...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played