Hacking cIOSCORP v3.6 Release!

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh thanks i'll try that out.

I had to reset multiple time every time it froze during the installation so i'm restoring my nand backup in case and i'll give this a try.

Still don't understand why the installer keeps freezing

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
TCJJ said:
da_letter_a said:
TCJJ said:
#002 error still. Can't get Kamen Rider Climax Heroes W to work. I can boot it through Gecko OS fine though. I do have region-free in Preloader on, but it's just that #002 error. But since it's a newer game, it may be like Ghostbusters where, if you remove the #002 error, it won't work at all. Plus, it's one of the newer Wii ISOs that Wii Scrubber, the IOS Patcher and the Update Remover can't open properly.
Check that the "force discs to use IOS249" preloader hack is DISABLED.

As for the game not loading in wiiscrubber, that's really strange... are you sure it's not a bad dump?

Thanks, I think that option was enabled, so I will check that. As for the Wii Scrubber problem, it also happened with the command line-based Update Remover and IOS Patcher, as well as the PPF patcher. I tried two versions of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, one copy of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, and Kamen Rider Climax Heroes W I got off Bitgamer. The latter works fine through Gecko OS though, so I'm sure I couldn't have had bad dumps all those times. Which is why, the last one I tried, Climax Heroes, I just decided to burn it and try. Like I said, it works, although not through the disc channel at the moment, but I will check that option.

Okay, New Super Mario Bros. Wii works fine, but I still can't get Climax Heroes to work from the Disc Channel - only Gecko OS. However, I did manage to get the ISO files open in Wii Scrubber (downloaded the newer 1.4 version - I only had 1.31 before). They still can't be opened in many other maintenance programs.

By the way, sKeEt, don't double- and triple-post. It's annoying and it's against the rules. You don't need to bump the topic a hundred times. If no one answers, then most likely they don't know.

stinkbud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:
ssaxamaphone said:
I have patched the ISO and I have installed cioscorp 3.6 and NSMB wii still does not load from the disc channel. It just reloads the system menu
do you have bootmii installed as boot2?

If so, you have a couple of options

1) double check your system menu hacks in priiloader and disable the force region one.
2) disable the disk update blocker and run the update from the disk.

cIOSCORP IOS files are very high version numbers so the disk update will not destroy any homebrew or disk loading...

I have been trying to get NSMB going on my recently upgraded to 4.1u softmodded wii with cioscorp 36, priiloader v02 rev 30, ios v60 systemmenu v440 with the hacks.ini working (finally)

from wht you are saying I can go to update to 4.2 through the game without losing homebrew???

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
stinkbud said:
urherenow said:
ssaxamaphone said:
I have patched the ISO and I have installed cioscorp 3.6 and NSMB wii still does not load from the disc channel. It just reloads the system menu
do you have bootmii installed as boot2?

If so, you have a couple of options

1) double check your system menu hacks in priiloader and disable the force region one.
2) disable the disk update blocker and run the update from the disk.

cIOSCORP IOS files are very high version numbers so the disk update will not destroy any homebrew or disk loading...

I have been trying to get NSMB going on my recently upgraded to 4.1u softmodded wii with cioscorp 36, priiloader v02 rev 30, ios v60 systemmenu v440 with the hacks.ini working (finally)

from wht you are saying I can go to update to 4.2 through the game without losing homebrew???

First of all, New Super Mario Bros. Wii has the 4.1 update on it, as far as I know (well, some files seem to be from 4.1, some seem to be from 4.2, but I don't really know). Still, it's the same as updating online - it will delete the Homebrew channel, some other stuff as well, and quite possibly brick your Wii since you have homebrew. There are safe ways to do it with WADs, but there's no point. 4.2 only was released to counter homebrew. That's it. I think you may be able to get a new Nintendo Channel, but that sucks anyway.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TCJJ said:
There are safe ways to do it with WADs, but there's no point. 4.2 only was released to counter homebrew. That's it. I think you may be able to get a new Nintendo Channel, but that sucks anyway.

Getting the BBC IPlayer is worth it, if you're in the UK. Although I'm sure you can install that from a WAD by now.
Updating and not updating are both valid strategies. Just make sure that when you do update, you know what you're doing.
The only thing that 4.2 blocks is running games from a different region through the disc channel. I'm sure someone has a priiloader hack for it by now.
You should be running something like that anyway, to skip updates.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
smf said:
TCJJ said:
There are safe ways to do it with WADs, but there's no point. 4.2 only was released to counter homebrew. That's it. I think you may be able to get a new Nintendo Channel, but that sucks anyway.

Getting the BBC IPlayer is worth it, if you're in the UK. Although I'm sure you can install that from a WAD by now.
Updating and not updating are both valid strategies. Just make sure that when you do update, you know what you're doing.
The only thing that 4.2 blocks is running games from a different region through the disc channel. I'm sure someone has a priiloader hack for it by now.

I'm not in the UK, so that's not really an option for me. I tried the Wii Speak Channel (Europe) since I live in New Zealand, but it just freezes when I run it. Oh well. Region-free doesn't seem to work properly for me (mainly through disc channel, although I've only tried one NTSC game), even though I have it set up to be exactly that.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
nitrostemp said:
dont have the wii speak plugged into the port that is used for usb loaders

I don't have a Wii Speak device, hence why I didn't just officially download it. But I wondered if perhaps a normal microphone would work. I doubt it, but it's worth a try.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I have a problem on my sisters Wii.

First I unstalled cIOSCORP with the Uninstaller included with this v3.6 version.
Than updated HBC etc..
Than installed cIOSCORP v3.6.
Than did install Extra's : Waninkoko's MIOS and REV14 Dip cIOS55.
Than I did run DVDX installer > Normal install. (I don't know WHY I did do this..
tongue.gif
)

Well, than I did run New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Fixed) via Disc Channel.
And it just restarts the Wii after a little while I pressed Begin.

If anyone could help me, I would be very than fully.
smile.gif

Edit:
QUOTE said:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't work! What do I do?
-> This is due to anti-piracy protection that has been put into NSMBW, so
you have to remove that. To do that, you have to extract the main.dol file
from NSMBW's data partition using Wiiscrubber, and apply vki's "nsmbxy" ppf
patch to it using a ppf patcher, such as ppf-o-matic, then replace the original
main.dol with the patched one with Wiiscrubber, then burn your modified ISO to
disc, and play! Always backup your ISO file before making any modifications,
in case you stuff anything up.

Oh, so first I need to do some ppf patch stuff? So the normal patch (main.dol fix) after that..
Arg, than I need to burn a new copy of it, pff.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Adr990 said:
Hey guys,

I have a problem on my sisters Wii.

First I unstalled cIOSCORP with the Uninstaller included with this v3.6 version.
Than updated HBC etc..
Than installed cIOSCORP v3.6.
Than did install Extra's : Waninkoko's MIOS and REV14 Dip cIOS55.
Than I did run DVDX installer > Normal install. (I don't know WHY I did do this..
tongue.gif
)

Well, than I did run New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Fixed) via Disc Channel.
And it just restarts the Wii after a little while I pressed Begin.

If anyone could help me, I would be very than fully.
smile.gif

Edit:
QUOTE said:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't work! What do I do?
-> This is due to anti-piracy protection that has been put into NSMBW, so
you have to remove that. To do that, you have to extract the main.dol file
from NSMBW's data partition using Wiiscrubber, and apply vki's "nsmbxy" ppf
patch to it using a ppf patcher, such as ppf-o-matic, then replace the original
main.dol with the patched one with Wiiscrubber, then burn your modified ISO to
disc, and play! Always backup your ISO file before making any modifications,
in case you stuff anything up.

Oh, so first I need to do some ppf patch stuff? So the normal patch (main.dol fix) after that..
Arg, than I need to burn a new copy of it, pff.

Yea, you need Wii Scrubber 1.4 to extract the main.dol from Partition 1 (not 0, because that's the update partition), then you need ppf-o-matic 3, plus the latest patch files (choosing either the PAL or NTSC one, depending on your version of the ISO). In ppf-o-matic, though, it says ISO, and has the option of browsing for an ISO or All Files. To patch it properly, you need to just patch the main.dol file, then replace the original with Wii Scrubber, so you need to select All Files to be able to select the .dol file. You will have to burn a new copy, unfortunately. It's a pain, I know, but these things happen from time to time. I've had it happen plenty.

Personally though, I feel like New Super Mario Bros. Wii was a waste of time. It just feels like any other Super Mario Bros. game except with co-op, but the co-op isn't that much fun, especially since you can't walk past the other player, and are continuously getting them killed by accident (plus, it's not too much fun to just keep killing them. It's already hard enough playing co-op instead of single). It's not a bad game, just not very original, and rather boring.

stinkbud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
TCJJ said:

My priiloader has the hack to stopp forcing the update, and the game comes up on the disc channel. The system restarts when I hit "start", like others have also reported. I did run the bat packsge (ind-nsmbw-v2) to fix the game.

I have a feeling I will just re-extract the game from the original rars and do the wii-scrubber shenanigans on it. Will I need to brick-block it too? Before or after?

Also should I do the safe 4.2 upgrade at this point?

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TCJJ said:
nitrostemp said:
dont have the wii speak plugged into the port that is used for usb loaders

I don't have a Wii Speak device, hence why I didn't just officially download it. But I wondered if perhaps a normal microphone would work. I doubt it, but it's worth a try.

Unfortunately we haven't got this far yet... A usb microphone would require drivers, no matter how basic a device it is. Until someone releases such a thing, its either Nintendo's WiiSpeak, or nothing at all.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get the cioscorped ios 70 to install. Once I saw it failed on the installer I copied the .wad file into my wad folder and tried to install it with wadmanager. I get an error (Ret: -1022) every time. How can I get this to install? Side note, I'm on 3.2u.

Melonkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I just installed cIOSCORP v3.6, everything was fine.

My Wii is still on 4.0E, so I'd like to upgrade it to 4.1E. What should I install? Only system menu WAD? Do I really need to do that, having all the IOS rewritten by cIOSCORP to latest versions?

FiveseveN

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks da_letter_a! Once again you did a great job on this release. Glad to see an icon rather than the "cIOSCORP v3.x da_letter_a". Thank you for supporting HackMii! The uninstall package was smooth had no bumps along the way. The installation of cIOSCORP v3.6 went equally as smooth with no issues at all. Thank you for such an awesome release! Glad to know that people will benefit from this and now have one less thing to complain about.

Let me know if you want me to help you out with compatibility. Shoot me a pm with what games you need tested.

Pce & Thanks!
Anthony

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4