Hacking CIOSCORP V1 Uninstall

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a soft modded Wii with Wani 4.0U on it. I am trying to remove CIOSCORP V1 and I cannot locate a safe guide on how to perform this.

I've read conflicting reports that using the downgrader could result in a brick, I've also seen that if I try to re-install the the wads that were updated could result in a brick.
I know that it installed 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, BugFix37, BugFix38, BugFix53, BugFix55
I'm also not sure which files I should download via NUS should I proceed in that direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero - Thanks for the quick response.
After reviewing this, it looks like this will take me to 4.2 from 4.1, but I am on 4.0. Is this ok?
Is there a way to identify which IOS version were for 4.0?
Sorry for the noob questions.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
XD he probably meant 4.0
laugh.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
forumguy said:
I have a soft modded Wii with Wani 4.0U on it. I am trying to remove CIOSCORP V1 and I cannot locate a safe guide on how to perform this.

I've read conflicting reports that using the downgrader could result in a brick, I've also seen that if I try to re-install the the wads that were updated could result in a brick.
I know that it installed 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, BugFix37, BugFix38, BugFix53, BugFix55
I'm also not sure which files I should download via NUS should I proceed in that direction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's strange that you are still on cioscorp v1 which means most likely you updated from 3.x.

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
It's strange that you are still on cioscorp v1 which means most likely you updated from 3.x.

I did update from 3.4 to 4.0

I guess I understand how to gather the ios files for all of them but the bug fix ones. As an example, do I just get the ios37 v3869 for the bug fix 37?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
If you want get rid of cIOSCORP use Det1re´s Uncorp. It exchanges all cIOSCORPED IOSes through clean ones from NUS.

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G0dLiKe said:
If you want get rid of cIOSCORP use Det1re´s Uncorp. It exchanges all cIOSCORPED IOSes through clean ones from NUS.

I appreciate your help. I've found Uncorp in my searches and my questions on it are:
Which version of Uncorp? I see that v.4 was released on 10/3
Does this work on my version of cIOSCORP or does it need to be one of the higher versions?
I've heard that I should not mess around with IOS60, but this one has it in it. Is that ok?
Thanks again!

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
King Of Chaos said:
Or use Dop-IOS to download and install the newer IOSes, that'll remove cIOSCORP too.
Thanks King of Chaos - I have a question on this. The read me states the following:
-----------
NOTE: If you updated through Waninkoko's method this won't work and Pikmin
2 will still ask you for an update. You must update through Wii game disc
in order to get latest IOS versions.
Updating trough internet will update you to 4.2, and you will lose access
to homebrew (as 29th September 2009).
---------

Am I reading this incorrectly or since I did originally update via Waninkoko's method to 4.0 this is not a valid method.
If not, and I can't update via the internet - what games could I use?
Thanks in advance. I apologize for all of these questions - I'm just trying not to brick it...

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
forumguy said:
King Of Chaos said:
Or use Dop-IOS to download and install the newer IOSes, that'll remove cIOSCORP too.
Thanks King of Chaos - I have a question on this. The read me states the following:
-----------
NOTE: If you updated through Waninkoko's method this won't work and Pikmin
2 will still ask you for an update. You must update through Wii game disc
in order to get latest IOS versions.
Updating trough internet will update you to 4.2, and you will lose access
to homebrew (as 29th September 2009).
---------

Am I reading this incorrectly or since I did originally update via Waninkoko's method to 4.0 this is not a valid method.
If not, and I can't update via the internet - what games could I use?
Thanks in advance. I apologize for all of these questions - I'm just trying not to brick it...
just follow xzxero's suggestions and guides...but if you really want to make sure, why don't you just backup your nand with bootmii then restore it later if something will be messed up?

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback78 said:
just follow xzxero's suggestions and guides...but if you really want to make sure, why don't you just backup your nand with bootmii then restore it later if something will be messed up?

I assume you are talking about this post, but since this one states that it is a guide to update from 4.1 to 4.2 and I'm on 4.0, I'm not sure if it will still work. If anyone could answer that, I would really appreciate it.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Oct 8 2009, 09:49 PM) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183384

I haven't used bootmii yet, so I'll investigate it. Thanks for the advice!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
forumguy said:
razorback78 said:

I assume you are talking about this post, but since this one states that it is a guide to update from 4.1 to 4.2 and I'm on 4.0, I'm not sure if it will still work. If anyone could answer that, I would really appreciate it.

QUOTE(xzxero @ Oct 8 2009, 09:49 PM) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183384

that guide will work for any softmodded wii any firmware

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
forumguy said:
razorback78 said:

that guide will work for any softmodded wii any firmware

Good deal. I appreciate you walking me through this. I was just confused due to the title...
I'll go ahead and follow that process. Thanks again!

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry - A couple more questions -
I know that the cIOSCORP that I installed had additional IOS files installed than is in there, (11, 20, 30 and the 4 bug fix ones 37,38,53,55). Do I need to add 11, 20 and 30 to this list and does installing the regular 37,38,53,55 take care of the other ones?
OR do I not need to worry about those?
OR does DOP-IOS take care of those?
Thanks again!

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to rehash this one, but as I stated in the first post - I'm trying to remove cIOSCORP. I finally got around to following xzxero's advice of using this link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183384
and just updating, but it will not let me load HackMii as it states that there is no vulnerable IOS (same reason I can't update Homebrew Channel). Anyways, I guess I'm looking for method so that I can install HackMii prior to going to 4.2 - Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

forumguy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Couldn't you just use the uninstalled that comes with cioscorp 3.4? It installs the latest ios in the folder it comes with.

I guess my short answer is that I don't know and I haven't been able to find a readme specifically for the uninstaller....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol