funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to get cioscorp.But im scared of the cios60 because ive heard it bricks wiis.So i came up with a solution.I will install all cios EXCEPT for 60.Then using preloader i will tell it to run the system menu from ios249.Would this work?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Install Preloader - install cios60bf - install Preloader again. It will work and unbrick you Wii if it bricks during the process.
You might also be able to run the SysMenu from IOS249, but if I'm correct, you'll need the "IOS Reload" hack to play games through the disc channel.

edit: Golfman560 was just to fast. :/

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
funnystory said:
I really want to get cioscorp.But im scared of the cios60 because ive heard it bricks wiis.So i came up with a solution.I will install all cios EXCEPT for 60.Then using preloader i will tell it to run the system menu from ios249.Would this work?

it would work, but you'll end up loosing the abbility of sdhc in the system menu. as several times said before install preloader and then install cios60bf and then reinstall preloader... that would fix everything...

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kedest said:
What is the 60BF ios exactly? Is that something for softmods or preloader or something like that?

It's the CIOS CORP for firmware 4.0. It is able to reenable Backup-reading in the disc channel if you had installed CIOS CORP in v3.2.
BF = Backup Fix

funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i just dont like the idea of the slim chance that something stupid could happen.Id feel more comfortable with the softmii 3.0 guide.Also what is the reason it bricks?I dont get it.Why does installing cios60bf semi-brick the wii?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
funnystory said:
yea i just dont like the idea of the slim chance that something stupid could happen.Id feel more comfortable with the softmii 3.0 guide.Also what is the reason it bricks?I dont get it.Why does installing cios60bf semi-brick the wii?

IOS60 has to be patched for preloader to be able to load system menu 4.0 and preloader only patches ios60 when it is installed. Since cios60bf hasn't been patched by preloader, the system menu won't run. Reinstalling preloader causes it to patch cios60bf, allowing the system menu to work normally.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It semi-bricks the Wii because IOS60 is the what the systemmenu is based on in firmware 4.0

Also, the SoftMii 3.0 guide will have you do the same thing. Unless Prelaoder .30 comes out and they use that in the guide.

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
right lol IF YOU DO ask softmii...ask jizmo NOT puma anyways LMAO
Of course. Don't ask the mod with close to 300 posts in both help sections combined. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Regardless, this was answered above. Just in case Imissed it while skimming, use preloader .29, not .28.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: hiiii sisters