Hacking CIOSCORP on 4.0????

..::MaxWell::..

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KK, I have a cIOS already installed before installing 4.0 now how do I install CIOSCORP on 4.0, because I read it's only for 3.2.

I still have the option of downgrading back down to 3.2.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hells Guardian said:
as of yet there is no way to do this. you cannot downgrade yet either.
Folks have reported in several threads of successful downgrading, and I myself succesfully used the IOS Downgrader.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But a lot of cIOS from cioscorp gets overwritten by official nintendo IOS and the installer that cioscorp uses relies on IOS16 if I'm not very much mistaken.

It may be possible to manually install each IOS with wadmanager 1.3... but I haven't heard of anyone trying and you may end up bricking with no way to recover if you try. So you may be best suited by waiting a couple days.

Why are so many people rushing in to update before reading all the facts?

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIOScorp relies on the old dominant IOS which means that same old IOS is now a stub of the new IOS60 (IIRC).

So logically it wouldn't work.

Makes me rage.

Nintendo is pulling the carrot approach here.

NOT BITING UNTIL YOU GIVE ME MORE INCENTIVE...maybe universal Friend Code channel of some sort.

Not only that, the update fixes the patched MIOS (right?) so it wouldn't work yet again. Just like upgrading to 3.4 gives you a fresh IOS for all the ones you patched, so does 4.0.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the installer is bassically an automated Wad installer that runs on the standard homebrew IOS. CIOSCORP Is a collection of all the system IOS's patched with the DIP Switch module from the CIOS 36 rev 7. CIOSCORP v2 is the same from CIOS 36 Rev 08. These patched IOS's are than reinstalled over the old unpatched IOS's to enable disk channel backup loading without a mod chip.

It's a great hack in my opinion. If we know which IOS's are and are not used in this new system menu then we could create a new version for 4.0 but it wouldn't work without first running the IOS Downgrader to repatch the truch bugs.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Forget what I said. I have such a headache, must be all the megatons and bad train puns I made all day.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i could easily make it work in 4.0, but you would have to brick block every game, cause you can't block updates, If you want it, have someone else work on it,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==