Hacking @cioscorp/darkcorp users

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or GC 1:1 backups with audio streaming + modchip?

I found a bug in the latest d2x cIOS. If it was there already in Waninkoko's cIOS, i expect GC retail discs with audio streaming, maybe even those without too, to cause some kind of error before they are booted.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
* damysteryman pokes his head out of RL-Land and back into WiiHack-Land for just a moment...

No longer have the retail disc of it, but anyway...
Tested 1:1 backup of "Crash Bandicoot and the Wrath of Cortex (PAL)" with:

DARKCORP v1.1 + WiiGator GCBL cMIOS (GCBL embedded in the MIOS)... no chip = No BGM

DARKCORP v1.1 + WiiGator GCBL cMIOS + d2pro 9 wire (on wiiclip) = Fine, BGM and all...
The only error that I was given was the generic "This is a retail disc, not a backup one":
Code:
Failed to read DVD 263.
Error 0x53100 Ready.

Not exactly sure how helpful my info is though... none of the retail GC discs I have contain audio streaming content, and this is the only backed up GC game I have that does contain some. Is there any other way I can help?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, ok seems that DARKCORP v1.1 doesn't have the issue. With your modchip, if the issue had been there, i expected an error before it switches to GC mode.

Oh and i recommend the cMIOS from NeoGamma if you have a chip, no more annoying error messages.

Another issue i expect is that you can't switch from reading backups of a softmodded wii to reading retail discs. Pop in DVD-R, let the disc channel identify it, then pop in a retail disc. I haven't had time yet to confirm this in NeoGamma, but i will do later.

Edit: Scatch that, i overlooked that it resets its config on reset

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@IceIceBird: I might do that sometime... but how? Do you know if there are there any USB Loaders that currently support using the d2x cIOS's IOS Reload ability? (I thought it was only for discs...)

WiiPower said:
Hmm, ok seems that DARKCORP v1.1 doesn't have the issue. With your modchip, if the issue had been there, i expected an error before it switches to GC mode.

Oh and i recommend the cMIOS from NeoGamma if you have a chip, no more annoying error messages.

Another issue i expect is that you can't switch from reading backups of a softmodded wii to reading retail discs. Pop in DVD-R, let the disc channel identify it, then pop in a retail disc. I haven't had time yet to confirm this in NeoGamma, but i will do later.

Edit: Scatch that, i overlooked that it resets its config on reset
Thanks for the cMIOS tip WiiPower.

Anyway I just tried loading Wii Sports PAL backup via disc channel (DARKCORP, no chip), then at health screen, switched to retail disc... it worked... then at main menu, switched back to backup again... and it still worked.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry, yes, it's supposed to work. I overlooked that the di plugin resets its config on reset. I thought there was an error because on read id it sets the pluing into DVD-R mode when the regular read id fails, but there isn't code to set to reading retail discs.

The latest NeoGamma just enables the IOS Reload block. I wrote "for discs only", because i didn't want to be bugged with reports that it doesn't work for usb loading.

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
WiiPower said:
Sorry, yes, it's supposed to work. I overlooked that the di plugin resets its config on reset. I thought there was an error because on read id it sets the pluing into DVD-R mode when the regular read id fails, but there isn't code to set to reading retail discs.
Ah ok, makes sense.

QUOTE(WiiPower @ May 24 2011, 09:16 PM) The latest NeoGamma just enables the IOS Reload block. I wrote "for discs only", because i didn't want to be bugged with reports that it doesn't work for usb loading.
Yeah, got to keep the noobs happy. When they bunch together, they can become dangerous
laugh.gif

I did some reading... NeoGamma just calls the custom ioctl for IOS Reload Block, and the cIOS does the rest of the work, right?
And I only just found out now that d2x cIOS v5 alpha 1 supports IOS Reload Block from USB... and it is working.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Now its being detected as 2mb lol