donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
donowprod said:
I tried the other port and It works now.
From my observation rev 10 detects usb loader faster than rev 12.
There is about a 4 sec lag.

Yes, there are bigger sleeps so we let the drives to initialize completely.

Thanks for your reply Waninkoko!, and Thank You for all your hard work on all of your projects which help all of us. :
bow.gif
:

cojiro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
donowprod said:
I tried the other port and It works now.
From my observation rev 10 detects usb loader faster than rev 12.
There is about a 4 sec lag.

Yes, there are bigger sleeps so we let the drives to initialize completely.
installing it right now, waninikoko. Have to say, I love the music, I install cios just for that!
wink.gif

It is a bit slower, but I can live with it

LilPup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for us of those who dont have a network connection to our wii, how are we supposed to get ahold of IOS38-64-v3610.wad

face56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed everything correctly and everything was working fine with rev10 but now with rev12 my usb loader doesnt even work. i tried both ports and no dice. i even tried two different loaders. any suggestions?

D

Deleted User

offline installtion for rev 12

1. Recommend to use WANINKOKOS cios uninstaller first it deletes all cios
get it at his blog type his SN on google and your there like really.

2. Get NUSD v1.1a A.K.A NuSD Downloader: Get it at WiiBrew, once you have

3. you do not have a key.bin you may get it here, with "wiiscrubbkit" or "wiiscrubber1.40" google is you friend.

4. put these on the top of nusd IT NEEDS .netframework 2.0 just so you know
run it, get clerts
put these on top

v3610

and download.
click WAD at bottem

5. in the nusd folder a another folder will be created for the file you entered, rename the only nearly 2 MB file "ios38-64-v3610.wad" & place it on the root of your SD and there you start to install it AS WAD installation for REV12

Sisee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a lockup in Broken Sword so I updated both USB Loader GX and the cIOS (didn't intend to, but it was on the news page of the USB Loader GX site).
Changed USB slots for my HDD (because it wasn't recognized), and loaded Broken Sword again.
Instant crash.
Screen full of HEX codes and dump data.
Before it even booted, it didn't even try to start the game.

I've re-installed rev.9 again, still reported to be the most reliable for USB Loader.
And it's fine again.

I won't be upgrading to anything higher than rev.9 until there are more positive results.
It's just proof that bigger is not necessarily better. (as in 12 being a bigger number than 9)
They seemed to do something right with the rev.9, and somewhere it's been lost, or blocked be something new.

As for some HDDs going to sleep and locking some games up, I'm sure that's all down to how the USB-to-HDD hardware works.
Some manufacturers have PC applications to change the settings of the hardware, but most drives will go into a standby state after a long period of inactivity.
The only way to cure that from the Wii would be if the USB Loader was to randomly scan or access the drive every couple of seconds, but this may interfere with in game videos or music as it'd have to be something that is running constantly.
I found the cheaper the HDD enclosure the less problems you have with the drive going to sleep.
My £12 case I got for my PS3s HDD seems to perform better than the £50 Maxtor 128GB USB HDD I bought. Although I am using the 128GB disc out of the Maxtor in the cheaper case and my PS3s 60Gign in the Maxtor. Both discs are Seagate Momentus 5400RPM with 8MB cache SATA hard drives.

Fowlerla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to see if anyone could confirm that the usb instruments are still not working for rockband. I tried the drums without any luck through the usb loader. It may not have been intended to fix the issue, but I know there were rumors. Is anyone else getting the same thing?

Skittles1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fowlerla said:
I just wanted to see if anyone could confirm that the usb instruments are still not working for rockband. I tried the drums without any luck through the usb loader. It may not have been intended to fix the issue, but I know there were rumors. Is anyone else getting the same thing?

Nope its not working for me either
frown.gif

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yaypsp.gif
For those who claim cIOS rev 9 is most stable with Waninkoko USB Loaders:

- There's HD compatibity chart/list, make sure your HD is compatible.

- Get a Modchip: D2Pro9, Wiikey 2 or Wasabi.

My setup:

Wii 4.0u
Wiikey 2 Firmware 1.2
WD Passport Essential 320GB
Transcend 2GB MiniSD with Adapter
cIOS Rev 10
HomeBrew Channel 1.0.3
Configurable USB Loader (based on Waninkoko's USB Loader 1.5)

I've had this setup for a month now using BannerBomb exploit and have had no issues with all 20 games installed onto HD with Waninkoko USB Loader 1.5.

Still haven't tried cIOS Rev 12 but really no reason to for my games right now.

If anything, I want to complain to Nintendo because my Transend 4GB SDHC does not work in dashboard with 4.0u.

Thanks for continuing to support the Wii HomeBrew Community Waninkoko!
yaypsp.gif

hamstarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Something in the hdd detection is failing, in rev10 my usb-hdd worked fine..

When booting the wii with the hdd connected, it sometimes gets correctly detected, mostly not...

If I plug the hdd in when hbc is loaded, the hdd is detected normally!! (but that obviously sucks
tongue.gif
)

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Decided to give a go, so far things I've noticed:

- Metroid Prime 3 works no disc needed
- USB HD takes 1-2 seconds longer to mount on my WD Passport Essential 320GB
- USB HD needs to be connected to bottom USB port on my Wii
- In game load is slightly faster 1-2 seconds
- No problems with current Waninkoko USB Loader 1.5 thus far

Update:

- Some games previously installed with cIOS Rev 10 + USB Loader 1.5 pose problems with in-game intros and movies, deleting the game then re-installing with cIOS Rev 12 + USB Loader 1.5 fixed the problem
- Game install through USB Loader takes longer and might be bigger but not sure

I haven't ran any games that require USB peripherals but assuming mic/keyboards/guitars/dance mats have to connected to the top USB port for function.

I've always done network install for Waninkoko cIOS installers since Rev 10.

Planning on totally wiping out my HD and re-install all games when next USB Loader update is released.

NOTE: users should update to newest HomeBrew Channel 1.0.3 cause it's available.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This fixes the need for a disk in the drive to play deadly creatures.
Not sure about other games that require disks.This is the only one i could test.

Also to anyone having hard drive issues.If your hard drive is the kind that is powered through usb and has 2 usb plugs you have to make sure that the data/power plug goes in the right hand usb port and the power plug goes into the the left hand side usb port.Its that way if your looking at the usb ports from the back of the wii not the front.

I tried it both ways and switching them the other way the loader will not detect the hard drive at all.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I standby my observations on my specific HD: WD Passport Essential 320GB.

Top post updated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.