cIOS Patchmii Port

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tona, Aug 14, 2008.

1. tona
    OP

tona Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2008
    Norway
    Hello again Great Blue A. Temp!

Once again, I feel the chinese blue springtime that the winter falls upon for so many child in plenty of India.

As such, I felt like some of you may be interested in my port of cIOS to the patchmii installation engine.

cIOS Patchmii Installer

Why port cIOS to patchmii? Well, it's quite simple. Waninkoko's installer requires you to go out and find, build, or dump your own IOS37 WAD. This is sketchy, unnecessary, and most of all just not cool, man.

So, now you can install cIOS (currently rev03) with only an Internet Connection. Simple as laundry.
    It is, of course, completely compatible with existing cIOS applications. I didn't test them all, but I made sure the downgrader and some of the other functions worked.

Have fun, spread love, and of course, report bugs [​IMG]

Wiibrew page

Download

And, since some people don't believe in running random binaries...
    Youtube

2. wchill

wchill Resident chillxpert

Jun 12, 2008
    United States
    Can someone verify this... I don't want to make my Wii a brick.

3. Jacobeian

Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 15, 2008
    Cuba
    good job... someone finally found the good way to use PatchMii [​IMG]

now, release you own downgrader using PatchMii and become god

PS: btw, waninkoko deserves no credit for the patches, it's all from bushing, marcan,svpe and nitrotux

4. pinesal

pinesal GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2006
    United States
    I installed this. And there is no apperent difference. Not sure if the install was successful.

Is there a list of thanges this makes to the Wii? How do I tell if it installed correctly?

5. tona
    OP

tona Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2008
    Norway
    It will give you an error if the install is unsuccessful.

You can test it by using any of Waninkoko's cIOS apps. The list of "changes" it makes are in the source code. Or you can try asking Waninkoko what it does.

Really, though, it just installs one new title. That's it.

6. waninkoko

waninkoko GBAtemp Fan

Feb 1, 2008
    Salamanca, Spain
    Erm... what? That many people makes the same patch doesn't mean that somebody made it and the rest stole it.

DVD_LowUnencryptedRead patch: It's not nitrotux patch. The patch for IOS37 is different. Also I have a video of it working before PatchMii release.
    ES hash check patch: Somebody told me where it was (long time ago), not stole from PatchMii.
    Title version check patch: Well, I think I'm the only one who did it atm...
    Delete system titles patch: I made it just after the title version check patch. It was easy to find and patch. Also, it's a bit different than bushing's patch in xyzzy.

7. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    finding that wad isn't all too difficult. I used that rev3 installer thing and it worked just fine. Thanks to that I've used the httpd dumper to backup my retail GC discs.

and now what exactly is patchmii? that dvdx channel also comes with it if you have a modchip. Is it an universal IOS patcher or something like that?

8. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    it makes things easier, thx a lot tona!

@wchill: tona is the same person who made the whole any region patcher... so i can assure you that this is safe to use!

9. Prisoner

Prisoner GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2007
    Italy
    it's the same also of the AnyTitle Deleter....almost perfect when it will display the channel's name and not just its ID...

10. FGOD

FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Jun 1, 2008
    Netherlands
    Netherlands, Den Helder
    that is indead the only thing that made me delete that app again, cause i really loved it, but i couldn't remember all the channel ID's ;-)

11. pinesal

pinesal GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2006
    United States
    I'm really very sorry and I feel dumb for installing this without knowing exactly what it was.

I thought this was to patch the Wii software to read unencrypted DVDs like DVD movies or roms of a DVD.

I guess my basic question is, after installing cIOS Patchmii Port what does my Wii do now that it didn't do before?

12. Arm the Homeless

Arm the Homeless Custom Title

May 26, 2008
    United States
    /home/andy/
    No. This isn't a ISO loader. [​IMG]
    It removes the LowEncryptedRead limit.

Which as far as I know, only helps for DVD Dumpers.