cIOS Installer failed after downgrading from 3.4E to 3.2E

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by qwertykey, Dec 20, 2008.

1. qwertykey
    OP

Newcomer qwertykey Member

United Kingdom
    Hi

I've managed to downgrade from 3.4E to 3.2E. I then tried installed the IOS51 Wii Shop Channel, but that said something failed, so i left it. I then tried to install Starfall, but it had a couple of words on the screen, then it just closed and returned to the homebre channel. I'm not sure what the words on the screen were because it cut off from the screen. I'm assuming that Starfall didn't install.

Anyway, I then loaded cIOS Installer in Homebrew and it downloaded all the 15 files but then at the end it said "failed!" along with some numbers etc...

Do I need to put Starfal and the Shop Channel on before installing the cIOS Installer? Have I done something wrong? I'm assuming my downgrade went ok because it says 3.2E in Wii Settings. I'm not sure what the next step should be.

Thanks for your help.

2. pika9323

Member pika9323 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I think you forgot to run the IOS Downgrader after the downgrade.

3. qwertykey
    OP

United Kingdom
    1). i installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

2). then i installed CIOS_Fix

3). then I ran IOS downgrader

4). then I ran cIOS downgrader 1.2 and chose to downgrade to 3.2E

are you saying that I need to run IOS downgrader again after all of this?

thanks

4. qwertykey
    OP

United Kingdom
  5. CIJC

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    i ran the cios downgrader before the ios downgrader.. and i havent had any problems, try reinstalling system 3.2

6. qwertykey
    OP

United Kingdom
    in the instructions here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119216, it says to do the IOS downgrader first and the cIOS downgrader as the last thing.

I can try downgrading like the way you said. Does that mean I would have to install IOS16-64-v257 and the cIOS_Fix again? or shall I just go and install IOS downgrader first and thats it?

Thanks again.

7. CIJC

Member CIJC GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    try just using ios downgrader first.

if it doesnt solve it, re-install system 3.2e. since your wii already has ios16 and cios_fix installed, you wouldnt need to re-install them. just use cios downgrader, then use ios downgrader.

it shouldnt make any differrence which order you use them, but its worth a try. [​IMG]

just make sure the power doesnt go out when doing anything major to your wii.

-CIJC

8. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    he doesn't have any cIOS, so he can do the IOS Downgrade, you need to installa the IOS16 with Wad Manager 1.3, and then use the WadManagerIOS16 (wich is a custom WM that works with IOS16), and install the cIOS_fix.wad, then you do the IOS downgrader 1.0 and use the cIOS installer from WiiGator or Waninkoko (recomended), got it??

9. qwertykey
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok by the way, the error that comes up when i tried to install cIOS installer from WiiGator is Ref -1017 and I read that it means the file is corrupt.

10. qwertykey
    OP

United Kingdom
    ok thanks guys i got the cIOS Installer working fine. Could you please tell me what you recommend me to do now? Should I go install IOS51 Shop Channel and then Starfall, and then Safe Update 3.3 in that order?

Thanks again.

11. goldrake

Newcomer goldrake Newbie

Malta
    What did you do to get the wigator cIOS installer to work again and get rid of the 1017 during its install?