cIOS and IOS information needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by muscarella_7, Apr 11, 2011.

Apr 11, 2011
  1. muscarella_7
    OP

Newcomer muscarella_7 Member

Canada
    hey , i would like to consider myself to not be a noob when it comes to hacking wii however, i have always been confused when it comes to cIOS and IOS.
    I do not really know what they are and I would like some knowledge because i am trying to hack my buddy's 4.3U wii , everything has gone ok , i used the SSBB method to install the homebrew channel and that worked well , now i am just unsure as to what cIOS i need to install , and dont know if i also need to install an IOS too, someone please help by saying what i need to install,
    Thanks alot in advance , this site is fantastic

2. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

3. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Use one of the stickied guides to mod the Wii, like ModMii!!

an IOS is like a driver for the wii (and a cIOS is like a custom driver), each thing the wii does is driven by ONE ios (or cIOS) at a time. Different ÂIOSs are used for different operations, and only one IOS can be loaded by the wii at a time. The most vital IOS in the operation of the Wii is the system menu IOS... if u stub or delete that, ur wii is semi-bricked.

4. scooby74029

Member scooby74029 "fake coder"

United States
    all i can say is in modmii i trust

goto the stickies at top of this forum and download modmii then choose cios to download

cios = custom ios for playing games from usb or disc but you have a new wii so backup disc are out of the question

ios = what the wii uses to run all apps if its new you really dont need to mess with the ios

damn Xflak beat me to it