Hacking cIOS 249

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I can get a game to reconize in the disc channel, is to set the IOS to 249. But when I do, something goes wrong with the Internet settings. When I go to Settings -> Internet, it'll either crash, or freeze. If I manage to make it passed that, and select "Connection 1", do either a test connection, or search for access points, it'll sit there searching for infinity, until I pull the plug.

If I set the IOS to 222 or 223, the disc channel will say it's an unreadable disc, but the Internet will work.

Is there a way to fix this?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is really that big of a deal to see the video in the disc channel?
Just use a different loader like neogamma r7.

Also if its a must then look into cioscorp.It should allow disc channel loading of backups.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have cIOSCORP installed. But it only works when IOS 249 is used.

I've been using NeoGamma's loader, it's just a major inconvenience to load HBC every time. Wait for it to load. Load NG R4, wait for that to load. Click load from DVD. Then wait for the loader to finish. When I could've just gone to the Disc Channel, and hit start.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If backup support only works when the System Menu uses IOS249, then cIOSCORP was probably uninstalled/overwritten. cIOSCORP does not depend on IOS249 at all.

You could install NeoGamma's DOL in Preloader if it's inconvenient to go into the Homebrew Channel...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gir489 said:
I have cIOSCORP installed. But it only works when IOS 249 is used.

I've been using NeoGamma's loader, it's just a major inconvenience to load HBC every time. Wait for it to load. Load NG R4, wait for that to load. Click load from DVD. Then wait for the loader to finish. When I could've just gone to the Disc Channel, and hit start.

Oooooor you could properly install a channel wad of NeoGamma R7 and the only difference would be clicking on a different box in the system menu. Using CIOSCORP for convenience of load times is a really dumb excuse to modify EVERYTHING on your system. Hell you could even enable the move disc channel hack and then put the NeoGamma Channel in the spot the disc channel normally goes so you wouldn't have to even click a different spot.

And if CIOSCORP isn't working from the normal system menu IOS, you likely did not install either a proper recent version of it, or did not install all of the CIOSCORP IOS's, or wrote over one of them like IOS60 with a normal one.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try reinstalling cIOSCORP.

But it seems that 249 is totally fucked up. Is there a way to restore them back to an original state?

I don't have a NAND dump I could restore to. I tried downgrading to 3.2, but it kept them the same.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you think cIOS is screwed up because it crashes the Wii Settings, cIOS is known to do that.

If you want, you could always try removing (make sure you have the Trucha bug in another IOS!) and reinstalling cIOS.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two cIOSs installed.

The classic cIOS, and Hermes' cIOS installed to 222 and 223.

How do I remove them, and restore IOS 249 back to its original state?

EDIT: Reinstalling cIOSCORP doesn't make it work. Only setting my IOS to 249 makes it work.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gir489 said:
I'll try reinstalling cIOSCORP.

But it seems that 249 is totally fucked up. Is there a way to restore them back to an original state?

I don't have a NAND dump I could restore to. I tried downgrading to 3.2, but it kept them the same.

Downgrading system menu's nowadays is dumb and pointless. To get rid of CIOSCORP properly, make sure you have a cIOS installed (which you should if backups are working through neogamma) if you want to be sure you can just run the cIOS rev14 installer and have it use IOS249 to overwrite whatever is there. Then run dop-IOS v7 and have that install the most recent official IOS's over all of your IOS's. After doing that I would suggest properly updating to 4.1 by running Waninkoko's 4.1 updater. Make sure you install IOS60 from dop-IOS first though. You only need to patch the sig hash check in IOS60 though and IOS36 as well if you want along with ES_Identify for that one.

After that you should be able to install preloader again and then install a NeoGamma autoboot channel and just use that if "convenience" was really the only reason you used CIOSCORP at all.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it install over IOS60 and IOS36, and when I rebooted, it looked unchanged.

Preloader still worked, by holding the reset button when I booted up.

Using IOS 249 still causes the Internet to crash.

I already use Wak's 4.1 installer prior to this. After I noticed that downgrading didn't work, I just updated again.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could run anytitle deleter and get rid of 249 that way.

Then afterwards run the cios installer again and install a fresh copy of ios249.

I know its worked for other people having problems with certain homebrew.I would find the post that im thinking of but its probably buried like 20 pages deep and a search didn't turn anything up,but i know its fixed some problems.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used anytitle deleter to remove IOS249, IOS 222, and IOS223.

When I reinstalled cIOS 14, and told preloader to use IOS249, it still does the same thing as before. Crashes when I try to do a test connection, or try to connect to anything.

EDIT: Would it just make sense to reinstall Hermes' cIOS and keep using 222?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why are you telling preloader to use ios249? Just so you can have disc channel loading?

Preloader on system menu 4.1 uses ios60.Keep it at that and then make sure you have all the cioscorp installed then you will be able to still load from disc channel without having to set preloader to ios249.

cioscorp as nothing to do with ios249.

I don't have cioscorp installed on my system at all but if i change preloader to use ios249 it will load some backups in disc channel.It just lets me see the opening video and then spits out an 002 error or something when i actually try to start the game.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setting preloader to use IOS 60 says that the system menu is corrupt.

cIOSCORP only works for me when I use 249. I've tried other IOS selections, but only 36, 249, and 222 worked. And 249 was the only one that was able to load the game in the disc channel.

EDIT: I set the IOS to 34, and now the disc channel works with backups and the internet works.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
gir489 said:
Setting preloader to use IOS 60 says that the system menu is corrupt.
change it to 30
save, restart.
change back to 60
save, restart.

That works? Why would that do anything at all? You're supposed to just reinstall preloader because IOS60 was installed without the patch it put on it so reinstalling preloader would reapply it. Also installing those normal IOS36 and IOS60 with dop-IOS would be why disc channel loading with CIOSCORP doesn't work...because you overwrote those CIOSCORP IOS's.

If you're already on 4.1 now then you can use dop-IOS to install fresh IOS's of everything to get rid of all of CIOSCORP (or use the CIOSCORP uninstaller in xzxero's sig, which TECHNICALLY shouldn't be allowed here...) Then reinstall preloader and your cIOS rev14 and use NeoGamma R7.

If you're REALLY that intent on sticking with CIOSCORP, you need to reinstall the IOS's of it you overwrote. Also if you are using it at all, make sure it's CIOSCORP 3.3 and not some old version.

gir489

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still says it's corrupt.

The lettering is all weird, too. It's barely readable.

EDIT: Using IOS 30 works, too. Disc channel works, and Internet works.

EDIT2: It's whatever CIOSCORP that came with SoftMii 3.0.

EDIT3: I reinstalled Preloader, and now IOS60 is bootable. Disc channel stopped working, though. So, I'm reinstalling CIOSCORP.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gir489 said:
Still says it's corrupt.

The lettering is all weird, too. It's barely readable.

EDIT: Using IOS 30 works, too. Disc channel works, and Internet works.

EDIT2: It's whatever CIOSCORP that came with SoftMii 3.0.

Not the latest CIOSCORP. You should use CIOSCORP 3.3 if you really want to stick with it.

Did you try setting it to IOS60 and then reinstalling preloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(