cios 249 r17 working with gamecube yes!

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Captain Gynu, Jan 18, 2010.

Jan 18, 2010
  1. Captain Gynu
    OP

Newcomer Captain Gynu Member

United States
    Since r17 got released, I'm happily backing up all of my gamecube games using wii DVD Dumper v1.2
    It gets the job done, except its very slow compared to how USB loader installs wii games.
    Is there an installer out there that can do this better? I've looked around, but only found a couple threads from like . . 2008.

Also, my mario kart double dash is the only one not working. It gives a nintendo error of "read the manual and turn off system, bla bla" when I start it up
    So. . . did it not copy right? or does there need to be a fix or something. . . or maybe r17 isn't fully compatible? */weep*

2. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
  3. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    the big things which makes GC games take longer to dump than usb loaders are 1- the usb part. using othre methods such as wifi take longer. and 2 - the part where the whole GC ISO is dumped. usb loaders only dump the stuff needed for the game to play. sometimes that is only a couple hundred MB. i havent seen a GC dumper yet that only dumped the needed stuff to a file.

even if you could dump the needed stuff to a file, you would still need some other program to fill it back up with garbage so it would be a functioning ISO again.

4. keyra

Member keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

France
    probably a stupid question but what's the interest in backuping gc games since you have to use dvd

5. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Backing up GCN games has its uses... Like in my case I like to rip my games for use in the Dolphin emulator. I also plan to keep backups of my games on DVDs so that way I can leave my originals at home and just play my backups while at college like I do with my Wii games.

Funny how people forget why they're called backup loaders in the first place. =P

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Why do you think some people call these Warez Launchers? [​IMG]