CID stealler exist in 3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Kanakops, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    Yeah I said now, sorry for my bad english, i dont speak english but i make my effort to make my text clean

Im sorry to for the noobs questions, I know this can be annoying

Im new in the '3ds mod scene' and i dont know all of thing with 3ds mods/hacks

I have hack my 3ds last day and i have download all things (like homebrew loader,fbi,decrypt9,a9lh)

I want to download freeshop but i dont know if FreeShop can pick my CID, can i risk to loose my CID ? And if I dont have risk, how I can fix the 'key thing' for make freeshop work?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    CID? What? If you mean adding games to freeshop, you need some encrypted tickets to do it with, you can get them from your system dump with decrypt9 or find a place online to scan a qr code for it. Just don't ask where to get them from, unless you need further info on how to dump them from your system. :)

Kanakops likes this.
  3. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    CID its console ID, i dont know if its the same thing like ps3 but console ID are a lot of number and letters like car registration, if you get ban on console id you cant never going on online and you have to find an not ban console id for play online

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You won't be banned for playing games from freeShop unless you play a game that isn't released yet (eg playing a USA version of Sun or Moon in Europe before it was released in Europe), and don't cheat.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Oh, i wasn't aware of it, i assume it was some new id, could have just said console id. But yeah what he said. If the console id is banned, then it can't go online, is different than nintendo network id ban which means you need new account, not new console. :P

From what is been said, you don't get ban from playing freeshop games. Just remember the golden rules.
    1. DON'T PLAY GAMES BEFORE RELEASE FOR ANY REASON, Don't try to justify it anyway, just don't do it, save us a headache.
    2. DO NOT USE CHEATS ONLINE, Don't do it in pokemon, mario kart, kid icarus, smash bros, NONE OF THEM. JUST DON'T. Save editing on single player games is fine as long as you don't make it obvious, like 999 HP pokemon and then fight against someone online. That is impossible by any legit means and it is unfair, to other innocent players.
    3. DON'T PLAY WITH HACKS ONLINE (may vary by result, perhaps skin mods custom textures is okay but not gameplay changing stuff.)
    4. Play the games from which the region the console is from, if your system is USA play USA games online, not Jap or eur. (Not sure if this is ban worthy but just be safe okay?)
    Think that is all the possible things you need to do. Like i said for freeshop you need title keys, dump it with decrypt9 from the system. (Only the ones you purchased from eshop will be listed) Or find them somewhere :ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Feb 16, 2017
    Kanakops likes this.
  6. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    thanks for the answers but you dont have understand the situation (and its my fault with my bad english)

FreeShop ask to put encTitleKeys in the FreeShop folder
    [​IMG]

EncTitleKeys are an file from MY 3ds, if i execute freeshop and he pick this file, he can pick my ID or others vulnerable information?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh thanks, yeah its better now

Wow i never think the ID are from nintendo account and not from console, so im safe thanks :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

1. Play the games from which the region the console is from, if your system is USA play USA games online, not Jap or eur. (Not sure if this is ban worthy but just be safe okay?)
    Think that is all the possible things you need to do. Like i said for freeshop you need title keys, dump it with decrypt9 from the system. (Only the ones you purchased from eshop will be listed) Or find them somewhere :ninja:[/QUOTE]

but we can make a free region thing no? If i want to play an Japanese game in mu USA console, any manipulation exist?

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can definitely play games from other regions, it's just if you play them online you risk being banned (I don't think it's a high risk).

Kanakops likes this.
  8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Guess someone needs to explain this.

that file has a list of necessary information to detect what games to display in freeshop, the games are listed depending on your enctitlekey data file and where you got it from. When you buy a game from eshop, a title key is installed on the system for each game you buy, using decryp9 or (Another source) to get them, if you dump from decryp9 it only will display what you purchased from eshop. If you get from other sources, for example a source who entire existence is to compile all them keys together, the more title keys exist within the file the more is available. This file has nothing to do with you getting banned on online modes, for console or your nintendo network id. Is a file required to allow freeshop to acces the games that can be downloaded. It will not share any information with anyone nor will it do anything bad to the system, it only works with that specific homebrew.

If you are running CFW (assuming is luma) Is already pathed to play any game, regardless of region. What i said was not playing them online unless the game you have matches the region your system is linked to. Playing a USA game on USA system online is okay. Playing a JAP game on USA system online is probably not. I am honestly unsure of the fact of it being a ban, but i wouldn't risk it. But you can play any game from any region.

I hope i explained things to understand better. Sorry if i wasn't clear before. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Feb 16, 2017
    Kanakops likes this.
  9. Kanakops
    OP

Kanakops GBAtemp Regular

Aug 14, 2016
    Canada
    thanks its clear dont worry :) and i have finish to set up free shop, its work :)