cia to 3ds conversion help

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by BASgamer, May 5, 2015.

1. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Trying to get a 3ds file for citizens of earth update v1.1.0. This game is weird and with the update you had to redownload and install the entire game and wasn't a regular update file. It was just released as a cia so i was wondering what ways i had available to use it to get myself a 3ds file.

I have a o3ds, gateway card, sysnand of 4.5, emunand of 9.7 with downgraded browser to allow spider exploit are what i have at my disposal.

I find a lot of posts about the reverse (3ds to cia) but none about cia to 3ds. Any assistance or pointing me to some helpful posts would be appreciated.

2. liomajor

liomajor GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 10, 2008
    United States
    You could use SDinfo_gen.py or rxTools to generate xorpads from sd card content > decrypt > create .rsf > build 3ds

3. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    It's just an update packed as a .cia. When you install it the update gets installed like all other updates. The update isn't the game.

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    come on buddy... he specifically said that in this case it is not like that.
    here, for this game, the whole content/application is updated. there is not a simple update 'patch' like there is for most things.
    this is not the first case of this, there are other games/apps that are like this.

it is possible to extract the content files from the CIA, although there is not a tool to do it automatically yet.
    then, you need to get the encrypted title key from the ticket in the CIA (provided the contents have not already been decrypted, if so, ignore this part, but if from FunkyCIA, you will need to do this)
    then, decrypt the title key on the 3DS.
    then, use aescbc to decrypt each content file.
    then, i'm pretty sure you are ok to make a 3ds from that :) i don't think you need to decrypt another layer... maybe you do.

5. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    I was trying to read what he said, but i still didn't really understand what he ment exept that he wanted to update.

6. morvoran

morvoran GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Most eshop games are being updated themselves on the eshop rather than having separate files that only apply the update. Citizens of earth is one of them

I was able to convert the game to a 3ds file by getting the titlekey from the original cia created by someone who used funkycia, then used cdnto3ds to download, decrypt, and build the files into a .3ds game.

7. BASgamer
    OP

BASgamer Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    United States
    Every time I make a most it ends up getting done lol. Well time to try it myself and see how it turns out anyway, will at least be good practice if i want to do it again. Also a nice helpful post to come back to.