Homebrew .CIA=PIRACY?

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
It's so funny, because I keep going back and forth between working on implementing the hb: service for .cia files, and writing a legal devmenu equivalent, but I'm glad someone else is getting around to replacing devmenu.
I'd really like to see how home menu reads the .banner and .code section of the installed .cias. Would be massively more helpful if we got the app name(where possible) instead of just the id, but I dunno if I feel like digging through all of that asm any time soon.

hb service is unusefull for CIA using, i use am service, not hb (hb is used by lpp-3ds to boot 3DSX files on ninjhax).
devMenu replacement is almost finished, listing and installing CIA works good but i'm having issues with uninstall feature.
When i fix it, i'll release it.

Reactions: Margen67 and Vappy

ody81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Righty-o
It's up here if anyone wants to try it

https://www.mediafire.com/?40yfyy6acvfl681

Buggy but it suits me fine, I run Quirky's gba homebrew (Lords of Midnight, Chaos) with it, does the job nicely :)

This kind of solidifies my point about cia compiling issues, shit happens, it's great to have a dev compiled cia available when possible. Still can't remember compiling this though... Maybe I sleep-compiled ??

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Righty-o
It's up here if anyone wants to try it

https://www.mediafire.com/?40yfyy6acvfl681

Buggy but it suits me fine, I run Quirky's gba homebrew (Lords of Midnight, Chaos) with it, does the job nicely :)

This kind of solidifies my point about cia compiling issues, shit happens, it's great to have a dev compiled cia available when possible. Still can't remember compiling this though... Maybe I sleep-compiled ??

Thanks! it worked (The banner is the default one but no biggy)

ody81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! it worked (The banner is the default one but no biggy)

I may have sleep-compiled after all, banners aren't a big concern for me.

No sound (though at these speeds it wouldn't be pleasant to listen to anyway), X hard quits. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, it's a great start.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I may have sleep-compiled after all, banners aren't a big concern for me.

No sound (though at these speeds it wouldn't be pleasant to listen to anyway), X hard quits. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, it's a great start.

Yeah, also it doesn't allow you to use the home button which is weird to me. This might be an older version (before dynrec) and might work as cia because of that?
How long have you had the cia?

ody81

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, also it doesn't allow you to use the home button which is weird to me. This might be an older version (before dynrec) and might work as cia because of that?
How long have you had the cia?

That's a good point, I jumped on this the second it was released, I figured I'd check on it after a while.
I'll have a go at whipping another cia up now, gimme a tick.

btw ,It's got a dynarec now?

Edit: the home button thing rings a bell, someone or another explained how the button works, can't remember who though. Maybe St4rk or Staplebutter early on?

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hb service is unusefull for CIA using, i use am service, not hb (hb is used by lpp-3ds to boot 3DSX files on ninjhax).
devMenu replacement is almost finished, listing and installing CIA works good but i'm having issues with uninstall feature.
When i fix it, i'll release it.
I meant writing a .cia file that implemented the service so that if you wanted to run, say, downloadMii without ninjhax, and actually have it work, you could, without filfat having to add any extra code/compile rules for a ninjhax version AND a .cia version.
3dsxLoader.cia would just setup the service and boot the .3dsx file it was told to boot. Would also benefit users if for instance, as mentioned in the original post of this thread, a homebrew developer decided ONLY to release a .3dsx version, and didn't also release the source.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a good point, I jumped on this the second it was released, I figured I'd check on it after a while.
I'll have a go at whipping another cia up now, gimme a tick.

btw ,It's got a dynarec now?

ONE of the gba emulators had a dynarec. I thought it might be citrAGB, but it could of been the other one. I'm guessing nobody reads the threads of the homebrew they download anymore?

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I meant writing a .cia file that implemented the service so that if you wanted to run, say, downloadMii without ninjhax, and actually have it work, you could, without filfat having to add any extra code/compile rules for a ninjhax version AND a .cia version.
3dsxLoader.cia would just setup the service and boot the .3dsx file it was told to boot. Would also benefit users if for instance, as mentioned in the original post of this thread, a homebrew developer decided ONLY to release a .3dsx version, and didn't also release the source.

It should be possible, but who's going to do it (I would like a mod of the homebrew launcher so you boot the homebrew launcher as a cia and that allows you to boot 3dsx files probably best way as the homebrew launcher looks nice!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1