Cia invalid..

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Spiret, May 23, 2016.

1. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Just got a9lh on my 3ds and I have a Luma3ds cfw hourly build but not the latest one. I updated my system to 11.0 as well. So I completed everything on plailects guide. One stupid problem though, since I had recently installed MHX as a .cia game on my 3ds it worked fine on Rednand. Its just that now I am unable to install it, there's no the way could be corrupt because I have redownloaded the same files for MHX 2 times and put it on my SD and just keeps saying Invalid CIA on Big Blue Menu. I tried FBI and it doesnt even give me an option to install the cia..

2. wiiu more like pee u

wiiu more like pee u GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    whats the error youre getting ?

3. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    It doesnt specify an error.. for some reason I just put the CIA on my sd root and I go on BBM and I go to the CIA and it just says "Invalid cia." On FBI I go to the cia and it doesnt even give me an "Install CIA" option for the cia file I Want to download.

4. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Honestly, just use ciangel it'll save you ALOT of time and you won't have to deal with invalid cias ever. Just try it out

5. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Thats specfically for installing cias from nintendos eshop. Thats not what Im trying to do, Im trying to install a cia on my SD

6. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Well, obviously there's an issue with the CIA on your SD card if you can't install it with either BBM or FBI :) So CIAngel would work around that by downloading/installing a guaranteed clean CIA from the Nintendo CDN servers

7. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Well its a japan game im trying to install and ciangel only access the eshop of your region so I cannot download it from japan eshop or can I?

8. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    CIAngel is not region limited, the only issue is you may need to deal with the 9.x crypto manually if the game has it, using a seeddb.bin and decrypt9.

9. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Ok well I dont think I can solve my issue with ciangel but I tried using socketpunch and it actually gave me an error with FBI. I just installed this cia on my computer too.

Result code: 0xE0E083EC
    Level: Usage (28)
    Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
    Module: AM (32)
    Desc: Invalid Size (1004)

10. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    It sounds like your CIA file is bad

11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes listen to what everyone is telling you your cia file is bad download it again from another person/site

12. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Okay so is there anyway to find out the serial number of a certain game? I just want Monster Hunter X from JPN but cannot find it.

13. Drakia

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    It's serial is CTR-P-BXXJ, however it doesn't appear as though the database CIAngel uses has it, which means nobody from the community has shared the titlekey. Best solution would be to find an alternate source than what you're using right now, since the current one you're using seems to be corrupt.

14. Spiret
    OP

Spiret Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Well I actually have downloaded from 2 different sources than the original one I started with and they all give me invalid cias. Which I think is not true because it has worked for me before when I had Rednand and I installed it on there. I think there may be something wrong with my SD or 3ds. I am able to install other game cias just fine though.