CIA installer after creating EMUnand?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by baldersmashed, Apr 28, 2016.

1. baldersmashed
    OP

baldersmashed Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I read MANY pages of how to's and learned what most of what I need to know in order to downgrade, create emunand, and run it from luma3ds or other cfw's
    I have hit an issue. I cannot install .cia files. Was I supposed to install fbi on sysnand before creating the emunand? If so, do I have to have A9LH in order to do so? Is there a possibility for me now that I already have EMUnand up and running from Luma3ds and REDnand?
    Although many guides are clear on what you should know to downgrade or install a homebrew loader, they are not very concise on what you should do from beginning to end, downgrade to running EMUnand and being able to install .cia files. Each one assumes you know all the rest and leads you in a loop of repeating info and no real help beyond what you already know. It is all very confusing.:wacko:
    Thanks for any insights!

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    That's the most convenient way; but you can also run (from sysnand) Decrypt9 to dump health&safety from emunand, and use Universal Inject Generator to replace it with FBI (or any small cia)!

3. baldersmashed
    OP

baldersmashed Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Excellent! I was worried I was going to have to undo 3 hours of learning and work alone last night. I was looking at Decrypt9 as an option, but wanted input before proceeding. Thanks!

4. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    DevMenu forever.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    When they'll make a black-themed romhack...

Ev1l0rd likes this.
  6. baldersmashed
    OP

baldersmashed Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Ok. Screwed this up somehow despite reading the source material for injecting.
    Injected FBI to hs.app and installed to sysnand. It corrupted the health and safety channel. Got stupid and deleted original hs.app file as well. Now I have to reaccess the eshop and redownload the h and s channel because if I create a new emunand with the corrupted channel using https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND), it won't boot emunand after linking rednand with luma. Any ideas?

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If your emuNAND is still on 9.0-9.2 you can run FBI.3dsx and use it to install FBI.cia (or other installer).
    If not, restore a backup of sysNAND or emuNAND using Decrypt9 from before you stuffed up the H&S app (restore it to your emuNAND I mean).

Last edited by Quantumcat, Apr 29, 2016