Hacking Chrono Trigger won't work on DS-Xtreme

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello Slikk

well i thank you mate for your effort on the patch but you are a bit confusing though....
i HAVE a cleaned (U) version of chrono trigger ds rom. 131 mb.Well the prob is at that extreacting thingy there...
you mean extreact the contents of therom in a folder with ds lazy?And tha about the cmd prompt must be done from the start menu/run and type cmd?
plz if anyone understands it better plz post a small tip :/
Thanks all in advance

Slikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shin Akuma said:
Well the prob is at that extreacting thingy there... you mean extreact the contents of therom in a folder with ds lazy?
No, do not extract the contents of the rom. All you want is a .nds file.

QUOTE(Shin Akuma @ Jan 22 2009, 04:38 PM) And tha about the cmd prompt must be done from the start menu/run and type cmd?
Yes.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Slikk said:
Shin Akuma said:
Well the prob is at that extreacting thingy there... you mean extreact the contents of therom in a folder with ds lazy?
No, do not extract the contents of the rom. All you want is a .nds file.

QUOTE(Shin Akuma @ Jan 22 2009, 04:38 PM) And tha about the cmd prompt must be done from the start menu/run and type cmd?
Yes.

First really thank you for your patience with me...
Second...thats what i do

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\New Folder (2)\dsx-ct-patch.exe Chrono Trigger.nds Chrono Trigger2.nds

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can anyone else help me with this command prompt thingy? cause Slikk hasnt come online many days :/ plz if anyone fixed it let me know :/ thanks in advance

Raiku

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Shin Akuma said:
Can anyone else help me with this command prompt thingy? cause Slikk hasnt come online many days :/ plz if anyone fixed it let me know :/ thanks in advance
+1

I test this patch and it don't work, I have that message error "Unable to open source file"
hate2.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HBK said:
logicstorm said:
MrSpud said:
Time spent f*@king around with ds-x is time wasted not enjoying your game, Maybe Santa will get you a new Cyclods?

Yeah, seriously. It's always a lot of time wasted and the stress kills me.

I'm going to probably give the ds-x away to a little cousin and get a DS-I and a new cart.

Well, only if it's a legal cart, since you can't use flashcarts on the DSi, yet.

Wrong. The new Acekard can be used on DSi.

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Raiku said:
Shin Akuma said:
+1

I test this patch and it don't work, I have that message error "Unable to open source file"
hate2.gif

Well this patch just when used from command promprt i think.I wish i knew how....
hate2.gif

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Shin Akuma said:
Raiku said:
Shin Akuma said:
+1

hate2.gif

Well this patch works just when used from command prompt i think.I wish i knew how....
hate2.gif

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeap it works!
smile.gif
no portal stuck anymore.Me too im stubborn to give up dsx
smile.gif
. the only thing is that the icon is corrupted :/ everything else is heaven

frogsmasha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it looks like me and others were having a hard time trying to get this rom to work on the DS-X, but I've figured it out by chance. I don't know an incredible amount of patching or anything related, but I do remember making custom batch files for god knows what, but anyways ill help you guys out as the Command Prompt didn't work for me... it kept giving me errors.

Step 1. xpa-ctu.nds without a fix
Step 2. create a file in notepad and call it "chrono.bat" the information you want to enter will be one single line
dsx-ct-patch.exe ct.nds chrononew.nds the file in bold to the left of this text should be the only thing in the chrono.bat file... so once you have that exact line save it as chrono.bat

make sure you have all the files including the "chrono.bat" in the same directory as the other files.. being dsx-ct-patch which was provided by an earlier postr (thanks!!) Also make sure you rename your original file to ct.nds. So rename xpa-ctu.nds to ct.nds... you should be done now
Step 3. double click chrono.bat and it should patch the file just fine.

The original size of the US rom was 131,072 KB
The newly created rom file is now 82,993 KB

I don't know where the hell it all went, but the game loaded just fine on my DS-X. I haven't gotten past the initial fmv because i just got out of the shower and had an idea, and it worked :> So i'm not sure if this will have any portal problems, but give it a shot and report back.. I'll be playing this later tonight. GOOD LUCK!

Well I hope this way works for you guys as the comman prompt didn't work for me at all, not sure why that is.

grittykitty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slikk's method works for me
yaynds.gif

frogsmasha's does not
hate2.gif

i tried frogsmasha's first, since it's the most recent post. the game ran fine for a while. i went through the portal in leene square and made it to the past with no problem. but on that first screen where you encounter the 3 blue imps, the game froze completely after winning the battle. i tried saving before going through the portal too, and that didn't help (though my save file wasn't erased)

Slikk's method got me past that part. i made it out of the truce canyon woods and back onto the world map and saved the game without a problem. i restarted the ds and opened my save file, and progressed just a little further into the game until leaving the castle, saving, and seeing "the queen disappears" as my save file chapter title.

looks like it's working without any problems!
smile.gif

thanks a bunch, Slikk!

frogsmasha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If people are still having problems with this I would try updating the firmware on the DS-X to the newest build, and if that doesn't work I would download various rips of the game and patch all of them and just throw all of them onto the cart. I'm guessing one of your downloads wasn't compatible, as sometimes these things get thrown online with nothing but a name and no release info

-Frog

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Sup +1