Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
kevenka said:
Your not a huge fan?

I was never too impressed with Chrono Trigger, So yeah I'm not a huge fan.
When I heard that they were remaking this game, I figured they would do a lot more.
But I guess not so, I'm definitely not buying this game for $30 when I could get the SNES game for $5.00 on Ebay.
And then of course there's piracy.
tongue.gif
I have seen on sold on ebay once for 798$,and I am guessing it was sold for more than that.

Also on ebay you can find it ranging from 7$-200$.
It all depends if it's in the original case or not.
The game is pretty valuable.

EDIT:Scroll down and look at the prices.

http://search.ebay.com/chrono-trigger_W0QQ...sopZ3QQsbrsrtZd

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I hope they somehow add Touch screen control not only to the battles, but to scenarios and world map as well.

I also would like to see some updated version of the musics using the DS capabilities, but that's probably not going to happen =[

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rod said:
I hope they somehow add Touch screen control not only to the battles, but to scenarios and world map as well.

I also would like to see some updated version of the musics using the DS capabilities, but that's probably not going to happen =[
Last I read they are updating the music using the DS capabilities,but they are going to make it as similar as the original as possible.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
fateastray said:
I don't even plan on downloading it =/

This is the cheapest thing SE has ever done....SCAM

By the sound of it...I agree!
I mean wouldn't it be better if they made an entire remake with 3D and stuff, ports of N64 games on the DS can turn out to be quite enjoyable (e.g. super mario 64 DS) but from the SNES? that 's like going backwards! And it turns out the original game can be played on DS SNES emulators, for example this one...

...which only makes the idea more ridiculous

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
imz said:
fateastray said:

I mean wouldn't it be better if they made an entire remake with 3D and stuff, ports of N64 games on the DS can turn out to be quite enjoyable (e.g. super mario 64 DS) but from the SNES? that 's like going backwards! And it turns out the original game can be played on DS SNES emulators, for example this one...

nice vid, shows why we need a port and not an emulation.
layers are ***ed up in snes emulation right now.
in the vid conversation texts seem to have gone behind the text backgrounds.
also, last time i tried it i couldn't get into it with the messed up menu.
and that's probably not where all the emulation glitches end

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm calling you sad because you would: "Im not buying this once,but twice,and then I will download it on a flashcart keeping the original game unopened."

Buying two copies is a waste of money, especially if you never intend to open the first unless you intend to turn right around and sell it if they end up in short supply. Supporting a company is smart if they give you what you want, but being excessive is dumb. I can't be accused of not supporting them since I have quite a few of their DS releases (Rocket Slime, FF3, Ring of Fates) and even bought Arkanoid and Space Invaders Extreme(only kept this one as it has replay value.) But I never bought 2 or more copies. I mean hell if you have money to throw around I have this paypal account you could wire the $40 to.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Not A huge fan of any final fantasy but I will get this because there is nothing better to play right now. Plus it will obviously be a well developed game so it will be worth checking out no matter what.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Only reason I'll play this again is for the new dungeon (hope it's big) and to try for a different ending, I've seen 4 of the 12 from previous play-throughs. Guess I'll watch the other 7 on YT.
Also it's true about SE selling most of their AAA titles for £10 more, but over here in England I've seen FFTA2 for £19.99 new and sealed in Gamestation, as well as all the other games that came out last month or two. DQ:MJoker is only £9.99!!!
Strange.

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Rod said:

maybe (just maybe) the game is playable with only the stylus (eg. aiming in metroid prime, or a circle in the touch screen, the farther you touch from the center, the faster you go in that direction... Thats what I would do for moving anyway...)

I dont get why go with snes sprites... I know its all designed by toriyama, and he's famous and all, but dragon quest is designed by him too, and they made 3D games anyway... Maybe its such a huge game that all the 3D content and stuff would have fitted in a NDS cartridge... Maybe they're just lazy (not likely, we're talking about square)

Anyway, seems like I'll be playing this game again, but getting to an end this time.

Kuya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im definitely getting it no matter what. I love Chrono Trigger... in fact, I never got a chance to beat it. But what I DID play of it, I really enjoyed, and I got VERY close to the end. It was amazing, and I hoenstly dont give a crap if they keep it EXACTLY the same, I will get this game and enjoy it.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
imz said:
fateastray said:

nice vid, shows why we need a port and not an emulation.
layers are ***ed up in snes emulation right now.
in the vid conversation texts seem to have gone behind the text backgrounds.
also, last time i tried it i couldn't get into it with the messed up menu.
and that's probably not where all the emulation glitches end

I would so disagree. The cheapest thing SquEnix has probably done is probably with FF4. It has had 6 versions(This counts the J and NA SNES versions as one even if they are really different). 2 for the SNES(regular and easytype), 1 for the WSC, 1 for PSX, 1 for GBA, and 1 for the NDS.

And I think only the DS version has had dramatic changes to the graphics.

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
farfet said:
I dont get why go with snes sprites...
Because they look pretty much perfect. Changing the graphics to the basic 3D the DS can do would most likely destroy the wonderful athmosphere Chrono Trigger is famous for. I know some young folks today don't understand the magic of pixel art. Well, go play Halo 3 or something. :-/
With most other games, I'd be annoyed by a straight port, too. But Chrono Trigger was perfect back then already, so why change anything? I don't trust Square at all, they'd probably mess it up. Seems like they realized that themselves and made the right decision.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mentz said:
From the Book: "How to earn a lot of money reselling the same stuff over and over..." by Square-Enix

yeah capcom do the same thing too lol

kevenka said:
It's working...There are a lot of hardcore fans
smile.gif

square einx do the same with final fantasy 7, they milk it to death because they know all the people who love that game to death with buy it with no question.

ShadowXP said:
Don't care. You still pay a hell of a lot less.

the americans have to take into consideration that we have to pay 17% added tax to everything we buy on top of the inflation which dosn't help.

QUOTE(awdofgum @ Jul 12 2008, 06:21 PM)
when I could get the SNES game for $5.00 on Ebay.

i don't know where you are looking, chrono trigger on the snes costs a fortune, and even more sealed, lol $5 i would have brought it myself if it cost that much.

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OrR said:
Because they look pretty much perfect. Changing the graphics to the basic 3D the DS can do would most likely destroy the wonderful athmosphere Chrono Trigger is famous for. I know some young folks today don't understand the magic of pixel art. Well, go play Halo 3 or something. :-/

You're soooo right! Pixel art rocks. It's just the fact that we grown up in the 8bit and 16bit videogames area.
I love Chrono Trigger and will definitely will buy the DS version. Can't wait for it
smile.gif

I wonder, if there will be an EU release with german language
wink.gif
Since games like FF5 and FF6 were translated into german
on GBA it would be possible. But i guess, i will stick to the english one.

Daimones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_rula said:
OrR said:

You're soooo right! Pixel art rocks. It's just the fact that we grown up in the 8bit and 16bit videogames area.
I love Chrono Trigger and will definitely will buy the DS version. Can't wait for it
smile.gif

I wonder, if there will be an EU release with german language
wink.gif
Since games like FF5 and FF6 were translated into german
on GBA it would be possible. But i guess, i will stick to the english one.

I have to agree with both of you, I mean ya, I would have loved to see a remake of Chrono Trigger with some sick ass graphics, but only if they did it right.(Which IMO is not the FFIV engine) I'm talking like MGS4 or something along those lines, but not on the DS. As a DS port...leave it the same, I can imagine it would have only ended up taking away the feel of chrono trigger.

LagunaCid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like how people complain how this is a money making scheme
when everyone is just going to download it to their flashcarts.

I for sure will... "acquire it through incredibly legal means"
tongue.gif

Since CT doesnt quite work on the DS SNES emu...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.