Gaming Chrono Trigger DS comes out in two weeks!

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this game and I'll enjoy Tales of Heart next month which are both good 2D RPGs. I like both 2D and 3D rpgs as long as theyare good and tasteful.

Forte Dante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this game will sell quite well. There'll be the fans who buy it for nostalgia, and then all the people who missed the SNES era who want to know what the fuss is all about. But really, we've been wanting a Chrono sequel ever since the original came out, so if Squeenix want to make money (and chances are, they do), they'll hopefully give us one.

I'm not sure if I would buy this port myself, though. Depends on the extras, though I did like the original a lot.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forte Dante said:
I think this game will sell quite well. There'll be the fans who buy it for nostalgia, and then all the people who missed the SNES era who want to know what the fuss is all about. But really, we've been wanting a Chrono sequel ever since the original came out, so if Squeenix want to make money (and chances are, they do), they'll hopefully give us one.

I'm not sure if I would buy this port myself, though. Depends on the extras, though I did like the original a lot.

I will be one those those I will probably never open it, but I will buy it.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Banger said:
War said:
For the 3D graphics haters... I actually would have been very pleased and impressed if they made the graphics a la Final Fantasy IV. That would have been so awesome.

Not that I am a 3D graphics hater, I just some things are best left like they once were. I do not hate or love 3D graphics, it depends on the type of game and how the story goes. I do however, am not a huge fan of 3D games on the DS, I am not saying there are not some games on the DS that are good in 3D and would have been better in 2D, I do however think that some games were never meant to be 3D, such as the mortal kombat series (Yes I know it was 2D on the DS however they have brought it into a 3D world on other game systems and in my opinion it is not up to par with its 2D brother'n. )
Have you played FFIV? I agree with you that 3D on the DS looks really bad, but I thought FFIV was the exception to this. I thought FFIV had really good graphics for a DS game, and it made the game so much more enjoyable for me.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree FF IV looks pretty damn good,now if they ever put VI on the ds and remade it like IV i'd be more giddy then a school girl.......

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
If enough people can buy this game without pirating, can we give Square support that we want another Chrono game?

even if you somehow managed to get everyone on gbatemp to actually pay for it (which you have about as much chance of doing as making a lead dirigible fly
rolleyes.gif
), that would still only boost sales of this game by about 0.0000001% at best

Kayla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus, that would imply that there is less than a single player on GBATEMP.

Let's take the average selling units most games are based on (a good, even, million). If you got everyone on GBATEMP to buy it (still, not easy), and it boosted sells by 0.0000001. That would result in an extra tenth of a copy being sold. So that means everyone on GBATEMP, myself included, if my calculations are right, are simply a small fragment of one person.

Weee, I'm imaginary.

Yay.

Anyways, I don't see what the big fuss is about graphics today. I'll take a good and fun game over one that looks pretty, anyday. Thus why I like TWEWY. It's not necessarily deep, or pretty, but it's fun. Fun is what I look for in a game. I can't understand (well, I can mentally, but not emotionally), why anyone plays a game that isn't fun.

Just my two cents.

- Kayla

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Banger said:
Moots said:
Also very excited that its a direct port, none of this upgrade the graphics BS

Imho graphics upgrades make great games horrible. If they would have pulled that with this game they would have a crap load of upset fans.
Wrong.

Example: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently no publisher deems this release to be worthy of a strategy guide.
There is still no strategy guide for FFVI on GBA either.

I usually buy the Game and Guide (if available) together.
If no Guide is available I do not buy the Game either.

So I guess Chrono Trigger DS will be another EDGE game for me!

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BurlyEd said:

grog.gif
lecture.gif
Why would you need a guide for chrono trigger?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:

grog.gif
lecture.gif

No need for a guide for FF VI on the gba (better known as Final Fantasy III on the snes).....

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
I gave up buying guides when i realised there were as good ones on the net for free (by that, i mean actually free, not our type of free
biggrin.gif
)

and they even more detail
yaynds.gif

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda wanted it a bit updated graphics. But I will play the game anyways
biggrin.gif

I'm going to go for 100% completion, the only other game I did that in was Super Mario 64 and TWEWY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy