Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes
"Final" Release
CE1lajdjaldfjaldkfjalkdfjaowie.png

A release of Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes has surfaced after news that CT:FoE (a new hack of the early ALPHA build) was released. This CE release has been reported to be something more complete then the last known "98%" BETA build. The ROM itself was released and due to legal reasons we can not link back to the source page. However, we have mirrored an untested IPS patch that has been provided without any documentation as to which ROM should be patched. Please test it out and report back to us any information relevant to this news post!

Thanks to my network of spys for the news!​

download.gif
 Download IPS Patch
download.gif
 Lunar IPS v1.02

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Holy hell, are you kidding? That's...downloading immediately. Reminds me of how excited I was when the Starfox 2 beta was compiled and released onto the 'net.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is most likely one of the numerous knock-off attention-whore builds based off the original Crimson Echoes beta demo release thingy. It seems people like to run off the name.

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This IPS patched fine onto the U version of Chrono Trigger, and it seems to be what is described. (I haven't played any previous version of Crimson Echoes / Flames of Eternity.)

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this. Patched fine according to LIPS but when I try to load the game it fails. Anyone know if this won't run in ZSNES for some reason? Or if there's some kind of setting i need to change?...

And yes I used the U version of the rom.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Celice said:
This is most likely one of the numerous knock-off attention-whore builds based off the original Crimson Echoes beta demo release thingy. It seems people like to run off the name.
No, it's definitely a more up to date version of CE, it's more complete and less buggy than the Alpha (and also, yay! Magus' section at the start of the game isn't super hard anymore, which indicates that it was balanced far better than the alpha was...characters also have the new techs and such they have in the CEMemorial videos, they didn't have them in the alpha, or at least not all of them). It's also linked to on the CEMemorial Youtube channel.

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind. I figured it out. Just had to re-dump my rom. Also worked without removing the headers.

Also, ZSNES has an auto-patching feature that you just name the patch the same as the rom and it will apply it on the fly. Works fine for this.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great. I loved the original. The only thing better than this would be the release of the 3D Chrono Trigger remake that Square-Enix stopped.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
I think there is already a complete playthrough available on youtube
There is, it's been up there for quite some time. They'd intended for it to accompany the game as a video guide, but then Squeenix C+D'd them, so it became a way of showing what they'd done.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not working for me...
Anyone have the CRC32 of the dump that is to be patched?

I noticed that it says "PAL" when (auto)patched and NTSC when clean...
Also, ZSNES sort of plays it (I think), but the graphics are all messed up.

==================================================

Found a version that works, it's got a CRC32 of 8A36ED76
It's the GoodSNES version named "Chrono Trigger (U) [!].smc" with a CRC32 of 2D206BF7 with a mostly empty 'header'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?