Choosing IOS?/WiiScrubber wad files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Stephanie, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009
  1. Stephanie
    OP

Member Stephanie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know people can choose which IOS to use before they play a game. However, I've only encountered this during my short time with SoftChip. Games should automatically find the right IOS to use, correct? Or don't they...

For some reasons I don't know, it is stated TRUCHA signer most likely doesn't work with IOS37. I really don't need TRUCHA signer if I have Gamma/etc., correct? I'm trying to use WiiScrubber to open my ISO and see if I can try and make it work on my Wii.

I can see a list of IOS' that my ISO uses under WiiScrubber. Can I extract these files and install them as IOS'? The only way I can see a list of IOS' that I have is by AnyTitleDeleter, though it doesn't describe what versions they are (ex. IOS36 v257).

So to the point, maybe the latest ISO's that hit the web contain the latest version of the IOS? Then again wouldn't most IOS just come from a Wii System Menu disc or something of that sort? Sorry for the confusion and questions [​IMG]

Any help would be appreciated.

~Steph

2. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Just get CIOSCorp and you won't have to screw around.

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The IOS files which are inside the .iso are just part of the included update. You can exrract these and install them with WAD Manager, which is the recommend method for some games, when you want to skip disc updates. All IOS with a version > 1042 should have the trucha bug fixed, so you don't want these IOS, if you can avoid it, but you can't for IOS37 and up.

About the used IOS of the game:
    Inside the .iso there's a file called tmd(title meta data i think). Inside this file is specified which IOS has to be used for this game, so the disc channel loads the IOS specified there. Note there's only the IOS slot specified of the IOS to load, you can have installed there what you want. Some games look that information up themself and load that IOS themself, these are the IOS Version patching games, and now you should understand why setting SoftChip to IOS249 doesn't work for them.

*Edit:
    Frak! Why is it always suggestion to newbies to install cioscorp/softmii? Some people just can't imagine that this causes more trouble than it solves for MOST PEOPLE!

4. Golfman560

Antarctica
    I think its easier and quicker than extracting the wad and installing it.

Edit: I'm not saying that I don't extract the IOS's, I just find it easier.

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You don't seem to understand. If you are softmodded and use a loader, you don't need the IOS the wants. And if you are hardmodded or you use originals, you want to use the nintendo IOS, because the original dip module is better for them. The only reason to install a part(!) of cioscorp would be to get IOS37 and up with trucha bug, but since the trucha bug only helps with modified (and burned) games, this makes only sense for hardmodded people.

6. Golfman560

Antarctica
    Yes, for originals you have to use the the IOS or else the game just won't run, however if you're going to run backups then Cioscorp installs the trucha bug into all the IOS's the games usually use to run. (Which is about 9-36) Hardmodded people wouldn't need those IOS's since the modchip does it for them. However softmodded people need it because without it no backups would run.

7. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    Useful information, WiiPower. Thanks! Also, I do have cIOScorp installed. However, these installed cIOS don't update on their own. Perhaps newer IOS versions come out with the new games is what I'm trying to figure out, which would be better than certain cIOS.

Also, why wouldn't I want IOS' > 1042? Wouldn't better versions give me better compatibility?

I am 3.2U/cIOScorp/Gamma 002.

Basically, if I can extract these WAD files and install the IOS to use for future usings, that'd be great. Then again, people have run Deadly Creatures and Animal Crossing: City Folk without having to do anything really. But perhaps they have that specific IOS installed?

~Steph

8. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    Please help [​IMG]

~Steph

9. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    because they don't have the Trucha bug and without them TT wouldn't have managed making the Twilight Hack. Which also means you can't run modified games

10. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    Isn't the Trucha bug bad, as in, getting in the way of me playing a game that needs to be signed? Shouldn't all updated IOS fix that?

~Steph

11. Golfman560

Antarctica
    No, the Trucha bug allows you to fakesign backup discs so that they can be played as if they were retail discs. Any IOS under 1042 without the Trucha bug are the updated version (Or they never had it in the first place)

12. computerboy

Switzerland
    what Im saying is that ALL IOSs under version 1042 HAVE the Trucha bug which let's you modify your games. ALL IOSs in update 3.4 are fixed to NOT HAVE the Trucha bug

13. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    My head hurts [​IMG]

So it's best to downgrade my IOS to play backups? I'm so confuzzled.

~Steph

14. computerboy

Switzerland
    yes use IOS downgrader

15. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    Okay, that doesn't really make sense, but I did it. Still having problems playing this backup.

Can anyone answer my other questions, please? Thanks.

~Steph

Posts merged

My Wii dvd drive also seems to be a lot quieter.

16. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    Who's dick do I have to suck off to get some answers around here!?

Should I use IOS Patcher 1.1 on all my ISO's?

~Steph

17. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Stephanie

I know people can choose which IOS to use before they play a game. However, I've only encountered this during my short time with SoftChip. Games should automatically find the right IOS to use, correct? Or don't they...
    Yes the each games uses a different IOS, using a launcher you're forcing the game to be readen with IOS249, wich is a copy of IOS36 but with the capability of read DVD discs.

For some reasons I don't know, it is stated TRUCHA signer most likely doesn't work with IOS37. I really don't need TRUCHA signer if I have Gamma/etc., correct? I'm trying to use WiiScrubber to open my ISO and see if I can try and make it work on my Wii.
    Trucha Signed Discs wont work if you are on 3.3 FW version or newer cause the fake signing bug inside the IOS has been fixed in those FW versions, this is the correct statement, I really can't understand what you wrote [​IMG]

I can see a list of IOS' that my ISO uses under WiiScrubber. Can I extract these files and install them as IOS'? The only way I can see a list of IOS' that I have is by AnyTitleDeleter, though it doesn't describe what versions they are (ex. IOS36 v257).
    That list of IOS inside the .iso is at the update partition of the game, if any IOS inside the disc is newer version or the it isn't in the Wii, the game will perform an update and it will install it in your Wii, you can see wich version of IOS you have in your Wii with a tool called "Title Lister"

So to the point, maybe the latest ISO's that hit the web contain the latest version of the IOS? Then again wouldn't most IOS just come from a Wii System Menu disc or something of that sort? Sorry for the confusion and questions
    this is again wrong, I have opened almost all my.....erm.....bought thru the web.....iso's and most of them have the 3.1 update, the only ones containing a different update are:

PIKMIN (PAL) - 3.3 update
    Animal Crossing : City Folk - 3.3 update
    WiiFit - couldn't opened cause it is scrubbed but I believe it has 3.3 update (not sure tho)

so that ones would be the holders of newer IOS versions, all the games include all the base IOS, wich are from IOS11 to IOS37, NFS:Undercover has besides these base IOS, IOS38-53-55, cause the game uses IOS55, animal crossing uses IOS38, and that's why in his update partition comes the IOS38 too besides the base IOS, and that's all I can remember on this subject, hope you can understand it...!!! [​IMG]

this comment is a little harsh cause of all the 13yo fellows here, but which game exactly are you having troubles with..?? or what exactly do you want to do..?? [​IMG]

18. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    You are the sweetest guy in this world! [​IMG]

I'm trying to run Deadly Creatures for Wii. Though if I use the game through Gamma, then what I've gathered from this thread is that Gamma forces the disc to run as 247 regardless of patching the ISO or not. So using IOS Patcher 1.1 would be pointless, correct?

p.s. 13 yr old fellows don't think about that kind of stuff?

~Steph

19. Golfman560

Antarctica
    Yeah using IOS Patcher would be pointless on the Gamma loader

20. Stephanie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG]

FRUSTRATION!

~Steph