Choose your adventure: Temp Version

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Sop, Sep 21, 2012.

Sep 21, 2012
  1. Sop
    OP

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    Intro

So I am making a metroidvania style game with a group of friends which I eventually plan to release on Steam, I was originally planning to use Pygame to program it but compiling .py files is a real time waster (confusing to use py2exe :P), plus Allegro and DirectX made C++ the obvious second choice to program it in. So I know nothing about programming games in C++ but I know how to make basic adventure games in it using the normal language and plan to make a community orientated text-adventure and release it on here like the old RPGTemp while I am learning to make proper games in C++.

Updates
    EDIT: Since no-one was replying any more I decided to post the first part.

25/09/2012
    Added an extra switch statement for if you enter an invalid choice
    http://filetrip.net/dl?cy26HRVYel

23/09/2012
    Added a crappy Icon
    http://filetrip.net/dl?EDLHb4KP6c

Support The Project
    Add this to your signature to support this project:
    [​IMG]
    You can also greatly support it by contributing to the story down below, (rules: the entry must be about/involve a member of the temp, try to keep cursing to a minimum and have at least 2 options with one of them killing you) I'll start:

You're walking home from the library after a long night of study, you think to yourself "There's no doubt I'll ace the biology test tommorow!" when all of a sudden you hear a rustling in the bushes. Do you:

A: Check it out, could be something interesting (turns out it was a wild AlanJohn, you get some surprise buttsecks but remain relatively unharmed, You survive!)

B: Ignore the noise and keep walking home (You find some cocaine on the ground, you snort it. Turns out it was icing sugar, you feel a tingly sensation, You died!)

C: Stab whatever thing is in the bushes with your pen (the thing must've seen you approaching ready to strike, it runs away screaming some uninterpretable caps lock message at you, You survive!)

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

1 person likes this.
  2. bradzx

Member bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Uh...I don't get it.

3. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    *snip*
    Anyway looks like a good idea.. But nothing pops in my head. I'll come back to this.

4. Sop
    OP

Australia
    bradzx, everyone submits a part of the story about a temp member with different choices affecting your outcome of being killed or not, you can check your inventory at any given time where it's stored in a text file, the inventory doesn't really have much to do with gameplay but you can add elements to your story such as using an item from it or adding an item which you found into it.

And what did you even say xAC3? You don't have any rights to make remarks about my previous behaviour on here, since I was banned months before you even joined.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Question before I contribute, as it'll make a big difference on how I do so.

Is this branching (each response leads to a different set of scenarios) or linear/pseudolinear(you carry on to one or two scenarios, or you die)?

6. Sop
    OP

Australia
    Linear.

Since no one's replying anymore I hath posted the link to the first part.