Hacking Question ChoiDujour Doesn't Want To Run For Me, Need Help

Marlap2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I've been following the sdsetup manual choi downgrade tutorial on downgrading my switch from 7.0.0 to 6.1 or lower. I've backed up the NAND and done everything correct until I got to the ChoiDujour part. I put the correct keys in the keys.txt file and ran the program with a 6.1 firmware in the folder. It keeps giving me this error:

File "ChoiDujour.py", line 517, in <module>
File "ChoiDujour.py", line 225, in call_hactool
Exception: [WARN]: Failed to match key "master_key_00", (value "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX")
Error: section 0 is corrupted!

I removed the master key 00 just to see what would happen and now it gives me this:

Exception: Error: section 0 is corrupted!

Same error, but without the key being an issue now. Does anybody know what it means by section 0 is corrupted and know how to fix this? I've been trying to downgrade my switch for the past 2 days after accidentally upgrading it and I've been stuck on this step the entire time. Thanks.

Sucuk60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, so I've been following the sdsetup manual choi downgrade tutorial on downgrading my switch from 7.0.0 to 6.1 or lower. I've backed up the NAND and done everything correct until I got to the ChoiDujour part. I put the correct keys in the keys.txt file and ran the program with a 6.1 firmware in the folder. It keeps giving me this error:

Exception: [WARN]: Failed to match key "master_key_00", (value "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX")
Error: section 0 is corrupted!

I removed the master key 00 just to see what would happen and now it gives me this:

Exception: Error: section 0 is corrupted!

Same error, but without the key being an issue now. Does anybody know what it means by section 0 is corrupted and know how to fix this? I've been trying to downgrade my switch for the past 2 days after accidentally upgrading it and I've been stuck on this step the entire time. Thanks.

I downgraded my Switch too. I wanted to downgrade it back to 6.1 but Choi gave me the same error. You have to use 6.0.1 or lower fw

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was ChoiDujour, not ChoiDujourNX. That's the error I get in the command prompt when I try to run ChoiDujour.

That's what I am saying.. You are confused. Well, no, you should not used it. I used ChoiDujourNX so used it. It is for upgrade and downgrade.

Marlap2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded my Switch too. I wanted to downgrade it back to 6.1 but Choi gave me the same error. You have to use 6.0.1 or lower fw
I've tried two different 6.0.1 firmwares from different sources and a 6.0.0 firmware and I still get the same error. I have no clue why it doesn't just want to work.

Sucuk60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've tried two different 6.0.1 firmwares from different sources and a 6.0.0 firmware and I still get the same error. I have no clue why it doesn't just want to work.

Did you try it with 5.1.0 fw? I downgraded my Switch from 6.2. to 5.1.0 with Choi without any problem

Marlap2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try it with 5.1.0 fw? I downgraded my Switch from 6.2. to 5.1.0 with Choi without any problem
I just tried and it still gives me the 'Section 0 is corrupted' error. I even tried on a different PC and I get the same error too. Can you maybe DM me the keys you used in case the keys are the problem?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Choidejour (not NX) does not work on firmware higher than 6.1. At least I've seen that posted on here multiple times. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Reactions: Jax_Ripper

viper_2k2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just looking for some advice, after countless hours trying to follow the guide for downgrading manually and I have totally hit a brick wall as I cannot seem to be able to compile a proper keys.txt file compatible with choidujour - Long story short I purchased a switch 2nd hand and the previous owner has updated it to 7.0 before I collected it I am aware that a CFW is likely to be round the corner however I am looking to get a feel for what it is capable of first hand if anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...