Homebrew CHMM2 help?

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
So on my friends O3DS, every time he downloads and unzips themes he downloads from on that theme site he gets this message:
222cdba5585f644018cc9e0231ef4d5b.jpg

But if he doesn't have any subfolders containing theme files in his themes folder which is on root, CHMM2 boots just fine. He has the latest version and he tried both the homebrew version and the cia.
On my N3DSXL it works like a charm so I thought he had a bad download file but copying my CHMM2 files to his sd card still doesn't solve my friends problem.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
EDIT: I guess I should mention that we have the homebrew version in the 3ds folder and Homebrew reads it and at the same time the cia of CHMM2 cia is also installed.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Joom,

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Hey guys! Sorry for the late reply, but I just got back from the movies and I phoned my friend to tell him to go to the theme manager on his o3ds. He did that and he did told me his system was making the theme management files on his sd card, so he asked me if he should reboot his ds. I told him yes and he went to the theme manager and changed it from blue to yellow. So the theme management files are on his sd, but I told him to try the cia and the homebrew versions of the (latest) CHMM2. He tells me he still gets the same error message as the picture I posted previously.
Again, thank you all for helping! Even if your replies weren't all that helpful, thank you for trying!
EDIT: I should have mentioned this before, but he is in 11.2 with luma3ds and a9lh installed as well as your N3DSXL is too. His Luma is updated to the latest as he told me on the phone star updater says he has the latest hourly build.
EDIT 2: No, he never had menu hax. He just bought the 3ds refurbished from a second hand store a few or so months ago and hacked it a month ago.

Last edited by OfficialBrony,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Did he try manually deleting the home menu cache, recreating it by opening the theme selection settings, and then attempt to set the theme in CHMM2?

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
Did he try manually deleting the home menu cache, recreating it by opening the theme selection settings, and then attempt to set the theme in CHMM2?
Actually yes. I did that twice.
No luck. Weird mine works flawlessly

OfficialBrony

OP
Banned
Trophies
Country
Canada
I never told him that, but he did told me he tried it with his 32gig sd card instead of his 16gig

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I never told him that, but he did told me he tried it with his 32gig sd card instead of his 16gig

He may need to format his SD with a 32kb cluster. Just tell him to backup the contents, do a quick format, and place everything back. Worse case scenario his card may beginning to fail. If it works with the 16 GB card then that may be a good indicator that it is.

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does your boy have a stock theme installed? i was getting this error on a friends' o3ds, i picked a theme from the stock 3ds themes then went back into chmm2 and installed a custom theme, rebooted and there it was.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: