Hacking Chiip Opensource Modchip

eelw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i downloaded totalio.sys

Holy crap. This solved my problem. I had the exact same problem as yourself Frankdux. Had the same AVR device not responding error. Wired correctly and GiveIO installed. Built the program 3 times - no difference. Tried different computer - no go. Wired directly to USB - nope.

Thank you Frankdux for finding totalio.sys. Now I don't need to use my Wii wired to the computer running ModCheap. Now need to see whether to use Chiip or OpenWii firmware.

mikeosoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought i'd restore this thread with a new release from the chiip site:

QUOTE said:
First of all: This is a yet another test version, the last stable version stays Beta 5. I hope this will be the last version before the 1.0.0 release, but I really need some feedback on how it works, so please test it and fill out the survey on the 0.9.0 release that I will publish soon. What I'm most interested in knowing is if the Wii region patching works on NTSC USA and NTSC Japan consoles, because I modified the usual Wii region free patching a bit and I wonder if it will work on USA and Japan Wii too.

Changes to beta 7:

* Wii and Gamecube region free. While region free should work fine for all Gamecube backups, it only works on some Wii backups. This is a problem all current Wii modchips have, which is why you'll always read of "partial region free". There's a great page in the gbatemp Wiki that lists which games work and which won't:
   http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Regi...patibility_List

* Changed the version numbering. This might be a bit confusing, but I hope that the 1.0.0 release will be available within 2-3 days, which should stop the confusion

* Gamecube originals should work again

* Changed the login process a little. You should now be able to reduce the speed of Wii originals too, by using the "Start game then return to Wii menu" trick:
   If you insert a disc it will run at maximum speed, but if you start the game and return to the Wii menu the disc should slow down

* Included Linux and Wiip-AT90S2313 versions. The Wiip version is completely untested, and just included if someone wants to give it a try. The Linux version requires ppdev and a DVDTool-compatible cable. There will be a Windows compatible version as well soon.

* Maybe something else that I've forgotten

You will have to flash the right version for your region (NTSC Japan / NTSC USA / PAL), otherwise nothing will work. Maybe I will switch to using a setup disc too sometime, but for now I think most people will prefer this solution.

seems like he's still working on chiip, which is a great thing in of itself. I just threw this on my chiip and it works like a charm. no more open wii for a while....

anyone else care to give this a go?

Frankdux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All is still good, I have rebuilt my programer onelast time.. it looks nice..

The far end of the cable connected to a custome cable I made, db9 to db25.

not the best solder job i've done, but good for someone who has been sick for a week with no voice, and drugged on NyQuil. lol

Frankdux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The black wire.? no i got it from an ASUS motherboard i had used, it was the old com port. I have one that is LPT aswell but i wanted to convert to DB9, so this was the first step., next i will elimitate the custome cable and go db9 all the way. but i am keeping it a sperate cable from the programer so its more portable and compact.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
this is a really long thread lol. that's a nice job frankdux, where do you get you test boards from? Radioshack never has them around here.
frown.gif

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
All is still good, I have rebuilt my programer onelast time.. it looks nice..

The far end of the cable connected to a custome cable I made, db9 to db25.

not the best solder job i've done, but good for someone who has been sick for a week with no voice, and drugged on NyQuil. lol

looks really nice...

joedodgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the diagram is as if the chip is in a socket.. eg. with the top of it facing you (eg. the top being the part with the atmel logo)

the notch should really be enough to go off.. there is only 1 notch on it, on 1 side..its really not confusing at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme