Check NAND backup

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zacchi4k, May 1, 2015.

1. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    How do I check if my NAND backup is valid? I want to do this because I had another 3DS where I restored a NAND backup and it bricked; so I lost a bit of trust.

Also, another question: if the settings application says "GW3D", an I 101% sure that it will update EmuNand and NOT SysNand?

2. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    Use emuNAND tool, backup EmuNAND in inject NAND copy that you want to check. If it boot than it's ok.

In EmuNAND rearrange icons so you will know that you're in EMU NAND. Than, going to SysSettings if there is GW3DS prefix in firmware version so you can do update.

3. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy

Thanks! But I mean.... Are there any risks that something will go wrong or I'm just too negative?

4. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    Yes, but you cannot *exit* Settings. Once you exit, it pops back into SysNAND. The safest way on ODS is to boot into EmuNAND (methods vary), open Settings, check for GW3D, then immediately proceed to where update is ('Other settings', '4'), enable WiFi with the slider, wait until 'Disabled' changes into 'Enabled'. then hit System Update. This assumes you have a working WiFi connection (fine to have that set up in EmuNAND). Don't forget to disable WiFi at the earliest opportunity after the update completes.

For N3DS -I think, can't check right now- you have to enable WiFi just before you go into Settings using that icon in the top left corner, and it's 'Other settings', '5').

5. Zacchi4k
    OP

Zacchi4k GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Italy
    [deleted]