Cheats with R4 SDHC

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by petrili, Nov 24, 2008.

Nov 24, 2008

Cheats with R4 SDHC by petrili at 12:12 PM (15,792 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. petrili
    OP

Newcomer petrili Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    today i downloaded the newest cheat.dat from here
    http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
    I copied it onto my card but i cant cheat at any game. I renamed some games before i put it onto the flash card so that i can find them better but i also left some like they have been before so that cant be the reason. I hope that someone of you can help me.

I also tested the cheat.dat with deleted japanese games because of problems with the r4 but this one did not work either for me.

Hoping for help.

yours

petrili

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    delete both your cheat files and use just the CHEAT(UE).DAT it should work fine don't use the USRCHEAT + CHEAT dats at the same time it causes lots of problems with too many cheats [​IMG]

3. petrili
    OP

Newcomer petrili Newbie

United States
    Hi,
    thats what i did. I had one cheat.dat and it was replaced by the other. So only one in the system folder. I also tested the UE Version but this did not work either.

11_23_08_CHEAT(UE).DAT.zip [Link] 3.55 MBs 24 Nov 2008 04:45 this was the one i tested

4. bobafett66

Newcomer bobafett66 Newbie

United Kingdom
    only way i found round it was format the card that seem to fix it
    but the best option is to buy a cycloDS as they are a far better card
    IMO

5. rwayboy

Newcomer rwayboy Member

Cyprus
    you have a clone. gbatemp's cheat files do not work on r4-iii upgrade revolution . if you have r4-iii upgrade revolution you have a clone. r4-iii upgrade revolution has CHEAT.DAT. just put the cheats in the dat file manually because gbatemp has dat files only for original r4 (i think) [​IMG]

Posts merged

what's your r4 called?

6. parabolee

Newcomer parabolee Member

United States
    How do I manually enter codes into my R4 HDSC? Do i do it with a text editor or with a cheat code editor? If I use an editor, which one works with the cloned R4's?

I had no idea my R4 was a clone until I tried to get Phantasy Star Zero to work!

THANKS

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    parabolee,
    ok... you can use r4cce to enter codes manually~! that is what Narin use to manage the cheat database...

and please visit the link on my signature for more information on how to use r4cce [​IMG]

8. Narin

Former Staff Narin The Cheat Master, kupo!

United States
    Try using the usrcheat.dat file and rename it cheat.dat and see if that works.

9. hittingray

Newcomer hittingray Newbie

Australia
    If it's an "R4 Ultra" and has r4ultra.com on it, it's real. R4 Ultra is the name for the SDHC version and uses the same firmware as the R4i but only the R4i is compatible with the DSi.

10. pthurman

Newcomer pthurman Newbie

Spain
    I have the same problem - cannot get cheats working on R4 Ultra. I have tried various usrcheat.dat and cheat.dat files but they don't work. If I use a usrcheat.dat file, nothing is displayed when pressing Cheat(Y). If I use a cheat.dat file it say "cheat not found". If I use the original from the firmware, it works but the cheats are in chinese (V1.52 from r4ultra.com)

11. pthurman

Newcomer pthurman Newbie

Spain
    I think I may have sorted this (problem is that cheats on standard V1.52 on R4 Ultra are in chinese)
    I have tried various cheat.dat and usrcheat.dat with no success on an r4 ultra (ordinary r4 has no problems with this)
    If you try to use usrcheat.dat - nothing happens when you press Cheat(Y)
    If you try to use cheat.dat you get "No Cheat Found"

I have just downloaded r4cce85 and also the 01_30_09_CHEATS.XML from gbatemp.
    I used the r4cce85 to import the xml file and the saved as cheat.dat with NO encryption.

It seems to be ok now and I have english cheats - although not all the games are displaying the cheats that in the in db - i guess this is down to the version i have aquired ?

Make sure you also delete all previos CHT files before doing this.

12. parabolee

Newcomer parabolee Member

United States
    The reason I was trying to do this was to get Phantasy Star Zero working on a R4 clone, well...

I got PSZ to work on my R4 SDHC NEW and someone's R4 Revolution (both clones).

I used a CylcoDS to try the game and it worked (of course) so I tried the same SD card in the R4 and BOOM it worked too. I think either the CycloDS patched it or (more likely) the R4 was getting stuck trying to create a save game file and once one was already there it just loaded that.

Try just renaming a save game file to the same as PSZ. Or post here and I'll send you the blank save file my CycloDS created.

13. toh_yxes

Member toh_yxes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    yeah it doesnt work on mine. can i have the blank save file from ur cyclo?

14. elixirdream

Malaysia
    pthurman,
    that is because the r4 bug that is why not all cheats will display
    take a look on the FAQ thread provided on my signature to get all cheats work

15. Drifter_2088

Newcomer Drifter_2088 Newbie

United States
    I have a problem with mines to i have a R4 SDHC also and it got the website r4ultra.com but the when i put it on my card it dont do anything it just comes to a white screen i tried the Cheat.dat file but that stuff did not work i had the same problems metioned here so can anybody help me solve this

16. elixirdream

Malaysia
    have you ever try usrcheat.dat ?

17. Wadezo419

Newcomer Wadezo419 Newbie

United States
    hey Parabolee, think you can gimme a save file for PSZ, i'm having the same problem! :[

18. bryan_865

Newcomer bryan_865 Newbie

Netherlands
    i have the same problem.
    i have r4sdhc from r4ultra downloaded the latest kernel ( 1.54) and still cant get cheats from Pokemon Platinum(US)
    could someone help me?