Cheats gone missing[SCDS2]

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by StarWallace, Oct 5, 2010.

Oct 5, 2010

Cheats gone missing[SCDS2] by StarWallace at 1:24 AM (1,038 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. StarWallace
    OP

Newcomer StarWallace Member

Canada
    ok i haven't used my DS is quite some time... but i recently decided to update my SCDS2 firmware and apply the 1.4.1 hack so i could start using it again.

after i ran the hack and copied my new firmware 1.07 over (i also added the SNES emulator, but i would think that would be irrelevant...). Now there are a few select games that my usrcheat.dat doesn't seem to show cheats for anymore... I know they are in the data base, because before the update i had access to the cheats for those games (Tales of Innocence, LOZ:Spirit Tracks, and Dragon Quest 9). I have also tried my Acekard 2i and i was able to access the cheats there...

so why is it that i cannot access these cheats anymore? (Other games work just fine)

edit: i tired rolling it back to 1.04 that i had before but i still got nothing... i also found out that cheats dont work for dementium II either

2. StarWallace
    OP

Canada
    bump. anyone?

3. MF Tlaxcala

Member MF Tlaxcala GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Did you enabled the games in R4cce?

4. StarWallace
    OP

Canada
    r4cce? sounds like something to do with an R4... but this is a supercard... i'm not sure i understand what your talkin about...

5. MF Tlaxcala

Netherlands
    Your database is usrcheat.dat right? Now, you can edit your database with R4cce. Google it somewhere, it's easy to find. This editor is not only for R4, but for many other flashcards like EDGE, Acekard, yours, etc. In R4cce you can enable games in the navbar or by clicking on the game that containing codes on "Game Enable".

6. StarWallace
    OP

Canada
    interesting, i can't believe i've never come across that in my two years of flash cart usage...

well regardless i tried it, i did an enable all and it didn't help sadly.. (tho im not sure how it would have since they had worked just fine before and i never had to do that...)

7. MF Tlaxcala

Netherlands
    Uhmm.. Then try to download another version of usrcheat.dat and look or it works then. (Also, maybe the games must be enabled in R4cce..)

8. StarWallace
    OP

Canada
    EDIT: ok i figured out why other firmware were not working, i didn't realize that i had to copy the 1.4.1 firmware patch over each time i changed the firmware. i am now running 1.06 but still have no access to the cheats. Also, i figured out that it's not that some games are missing cheats, it's only TOI that is missing cheats (the other games i mentioned don't even have cheats in existence XD). I assume this has something to do with the fact that it's a copy of the game that was patched with the AbsoluteZero english translation patch... but it bothers me because it worked flawlessly before i ever updated my DSi and DSTWO firmwares.