Cheats for PSVITA

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Retroboy, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Retroboy
    OP

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    I know there is Rincheat (which is rather turd and does nothing) but there is a new plugin that allows you to make your own cheat codes for the PSV.

I have started playing with it and it is a little tricky to get to grip with but its pretty good.
    and here is a screenshot of one game i tested it on
    [​IMG]

Plugin is called GoHANmem and more info can be found here

Last edited by Retroboy, Apr 27, 2017
    MUDD_BR likes this.

2. SKGleba

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Nov 11, 2016
    Poland
    Warsaw
    Eww no offence but goHanmem is olddddd - its an friendly-noob-based (and very useful) rincheat alternative but veryvery old.
    Btw my friend is working on goHanmem patch (in some games like gravity rush the plugin menu is very zoomed)
    But thanks for your post
    Edit: why did you wrote that RinCheat do rather nothing?

Last edited by SKGleba, Apr 27, 2017
  3. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    I might be wrong, but I think that with rinCheat you have to manually create a file for the game, start the game, search for codes, save them to the file, exit the game, go back to the file, look through all of the codes, edit them, start the game, and hope they work.

With GoHANmem, you just start the game, search, edit and possibly save.

Last edited by Kotomine Kirei, Apr 30, 2017
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Both are old, no updates this year. So which one works better? I never got rin cheat to work, but i tried using it for game streaming, also never worked. I just need something easy like TEMP AR ON PSP or something, like code breaker on gba. :unsure:

5. Xandrid

Xandrid GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2016
    Nigeria
    Have you tried Rincheat SE?

6. Kotomine Kirei

Kotomine Kirei GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    I think that GoHANmem actually had an update this year (v3.00 beta), but it says that it was released last year for some reason.
    Also, there might be a new version of GoHANmem after June.

In my opinion, GoHANmem (it is the most like TempAR, I think) and rinCheat SE (for when you have to edit saves) are the best to use right now.
    Unfortunately though, as far as I know, none of them currently have the ability to search for unknown values.

7. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Anyone know how to hack hotline miami games for more health? With gohanmem.

8. SKGleba

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Nov 11, 2016
    Poland
    Warsaw
    The HM health has got about 1329 (ghmem) values and if you change one- the rest switch it back - i tried change everything but game crashed

MUDD_BR likes this.
  9. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 2, 2013
    United States
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  10. Retroboy
    OP

May 28, 2015
    out of all the cheat tools (rincheat been the worse) i find this one the most user friendly.

only downfall i find is that it can only do known value searches and it (for me) keeps crashing the game when trying to dump the game memory so i can copy the dump to try find the pointers because a code address keeps changing so only works on the fly when its created.

Rincheat from tests ive done seems unreliable and also not really clear, but i would start a search for a known value and end up instantly with 4 results - impossible for your first scan.

when using Rincheat i have never been able to physcially find or make a cheat code. I have also tried RincheatSE which decides as/when it wants to work.

there is another tool called Memdump v0.32 - claimed to be the best tool to use, but its not really user friendly, its onscreen display is not really clear and its instructions when translated to english dont sound clear either.

i have found this plugin works on some games that GoHanmem doesnt work with - for example Uncharted wont bring GoHanmem menu up - but Memdump does.

So far I have seen it has two options to start a code search, one that takes ages, the other is pretty quick, then i am lost what to do when you want to do your next search, under the assumption of the on screen display i have tried but i had to quit after it was still scanning for well over an hour - didnt feel right for a known value search - so wasnt sure if it was doing search 2 or if it was doing an unkown value search.

@iCEQB - the game is 2013 Infected, it looks decent but its animation feels like its a homebrew game.

MUDD_BR and iCEQB like this.
  11. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Yeah, I´ve tried it and so other values but none works... @Retroboy, could you try it sometime?

12. Retroboy
    OP

May 28, 2015
    sorry whats HM?

all codes ive found using GoHanmem only work at the point of making the code, unless i can find a way of dumping the games memory and trying to find the pointer i have to make them everytime i play a game.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  13. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    It´s the Hotline Miami series. I don´t know if it´s possible to hack then, as the health is "1 hit" or else and has the game no HUDs.

14. SKGleba

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Nov 11, 2016
    Poland
    Warsaw
    Its 1/0 life but one guy (this one with killing punches have 2

MUDD_BR likes this.
  15. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    That´s right, the masks changes abilities, I´ve tried messing with this values on that mask too but no success...

16. Retroboy
    OP

May 28, 2015
    unless you have access to find other codes and see what else there is in that area from a dump then doing a blind search for such a low value is near impossible.

the game will have loads of memory addresses set to 1's and 0's and is likely why your crashing the game.

MUDD_BR likes this.
  17. akramff

akramff GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2016
    Gambia, The
    can anybody please give me a tutorial for how to use these two plugins i tried for hours and hours and all i got was a game crash.

18. SKGleba

SKGleba O ja pierdole!

Nov 11, 2016
    Poland
    Warsaw
    What game (maybe its not compatible)

19. MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR GBAtemp Regular

Nov 17, 2008
    Brazil
    Did you know if castlevania sotn is compatible? Never works for me, but other tested here was ok (alundra and parasite eve).

20. Ch33d3r

Ch33d3r Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2017
    Gambia, The
    @akramff

1.In GOHanmem, open up the Menu inGame and press R and goto Normal ( 2x R )
    2. Press O on Block and wait till its Complete
    3. Now Press Triangle till block 5 or 6 depend on how many ressults he scan
    4. Goto Search Value and enter your thing what u wanna change like gold, exp.....
    5. Than change the byte like, you look for 10 gold so its 2 bytes, or 100 gold its 3 bytes
    6. O on First Search, wait till its done, better you go in any Corner with lower graphics and no music, so its faster
    7. Hes done ? You see Results like 5000
    8. Press Start and go back into the game and change the Value you are looking for like i said before, 100 Gold
    9. Now you bought something for 1 Gold as example , so enter now Search Value 99 and 2 bytes and Press Research
    10. Now you should see 1-11 Results and change only Hex Number 1
    Edit: 11. I forgot Change your Value under Change to Value and Press Modify
    12. Now you can save your Hex by pressing Save DB Code
    13. 0 Resulsts ? Press Reset and Press Triangle and try another Block

Hope it helps :-)

Last edited by Ch33d3r, May 4, 2017
    MUDD_BR likes this.