Hacking Cheats cursor invisible with black skins

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Iron Maiden skin downloaded from one of the links. I really like this one. But, the only problem I am having is that since the skin has a black background, I cannot see the cursor in the cheats menu. Is there anyway to change just the cursor color? Is there something in the code that can be changed so the cursor can be visible again? Anyone find a workaround with black background skins? Obviously, I can go into the properties and change the skin as I apply the cheats, but as you know, that requires a restart each time.

By the way, I appreciate the 1.7 Akaio update, and all other DS, and Wii work done by the devs.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:
I have the Iron Maiden skin downloaded from one of the links. I really like this one. But, the only problem I am having is that since the skin has a black background, I cannot see the cursor in the cheats menu. Is there anyway to change just the cursor color? Is there something in the code that can be changed so the cursor can be visible again? Anyone find a workaround with black background skins? Obviously, I can go into the properties and change the skin as I apply the cheats, but as you know, that requires a restart each time.

By the way, I appreciate the 1.7 Akaio update, and all other DS, and Wii work done by the devs.
Change the colors...

Inside the uisettings.ini file, look for the line "listViewBarColor1 =" and change the value.
Black: 0x0000
White: 0x7fff
Red: 0x001f
Green: 0x03e0
Blue: 0x7c00
Yellow: 0x03ff

Darker Gray (50/50/50): 0x18c6
Dark Gray (100/100/100): 0x318c
Light Gray (150/150/150): 0x4a52
Lighter gray (200/200/200): 0x6318

You can use AKEdit to easily change the color as well.
It is found on the 5th tab (List View) of the Colors tab, listed as "Bar 1".
Word of warning: Do NOT convert the images to 16-bit BMPs. Since the skin works, they already are 16-bit and converting them will just degrade the image quality.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! That was the exact code needed. I used the light grey code, and it matches the Iron Maiden theme perfectly. That was the cheat bar only, which is what I needed. Thanks.

I edited the uisettings.ini file in the Maiden skin. But, I also saved the AK edit in my DS utilities folder. Now I have a new toy to goof around with.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:
Awesome! That was the exact code needed. I used the light grey code, and it matches the Iron Maiden theme perfectly. That was the cheat bar only, which is what I needed. Thanks.

I edited the uisettings.ini file in the Maiden skin. But, I also saved the AK edit in my DS utilities folder. Now I have a new toy to goof around with.
Glad you got it fixed so easily.

AKEdit is an awesome utility, but you just need to be careful of it converting your images.
One convert might not look too bad, especially if you don't use any gradients, but beyond that it starts to look terrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8