Gaming Cheating on MK8, now possible someway?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was playing MK8 online not so long ago and I'm quite good if I don't mind saying so myself but here is what happened to me:-

I was 1st out of 12 players well ahead of the rest and just about not so faraway from the finish line in front of me, I could also see the finish line, went over and of course I thought I had 1st place but no I was 2nd for some very odd reason by a guy called Gus who by the way was no where in sight to see. So these people that have a wiikeyu or some sort of dev kit are they cheating someway?, cause it looks like it to me. I really could not believe it and also this guy left very quickly after a few races coming first in every one. :unsure:

edit:- I think it was Mario Circuit or some thing like that, can't remember the name of the track?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It could be lag, post a video of the replay.

Sorry I've got no video or proof unfortunately anymore, I've only got my word on this one but I would not lie about it I promise but it did happen to my amazement also I don't get lag at all and I doubt that would be the issue, never had since being on an FTTP connection 330/20MB, with 8-14ms & 0 Jitter connected by ethernet to my WiiU. It was also a world/open online race so its not like you can blame a host for a bad connection.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's probably just lag and even though you've got a really good connection you could still end up having issues like these.

Yeah, I mean you could have the world's best connection, but if you're playing against someone in Singapore with the slowest possible connection, you'll have to work with that as Nintendo's server will compensate for the overhead.

It's still possible to cheat, but Nintendo isn't screening Mario Kart 8 as they screen Smash Bros. I know because I've yet to be banned. :D

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I mean you could have the world's best connection, but if you're playing against someone in Singapore with the slowest possible connection, you'll have to work with that as Nintendo's server will compensate for the overhead.

It's still possible to cheat, but Nintendo isn't screening Mario Kart 8 as they screen Smash Bros. I know because I've yet to be banned. :D

? How are you cheating? I was not aware this was possible (yet)?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I've got no video or proof unfortunately anymore, I've only got my word on this one but I would not lie about it I promise but it did happen to my amazement also I don't get lag at all and I doubt that would be the issue, never had since being on an FTTP connection 330/20MB, with 8-14ms & 0 Jitter connected by ethernet to my WiiU. It was also a world/open online race so its not like you can blame a host for a bad connection.

Even if you weren't lagging, perhaps they were lagging and that messed up the end results.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
lol yes it is. an exploit, bug or glitch in the game that you use is still cheating :P

It's a tech. Just like "perfect pivot" in Smash Bros. isn't a cheat, it's a tech. An exploit would be breaking the game's rules, e.g. power boosting without drifting (which is also possible). Fire hopping is a tech, it's not an exploit. The game engine is meant to work that way, Nintendo may not have designed it specifically with that in mind, but it's a 100% legal move in MK8.

Reactions: Margen67

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Since these not-so legit players are raising more suspicion it's about time Nintendo takes action against them, seriously, it's so unfair that they get the whatever advantage the others don't.

P.S.: I really enjoyed my last race today and that was during the Mute City stage which I used up the shortcut and almost got back the 1st place, but didn't for a mere difference of 1-2 seconds. Oh well, he/she only had 3k points so it's fine. :P

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened a couple days and I yelled out "What the fuck. This is bullshit". Then again, I am using wifi. There is other people using wifi and my phone downloads updates to apps automatically.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2