cheat codes using Luma / arm9Lh?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WiiKiing, Feb 25, 2017.

1. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    does anyone know of a tutorial explain how to use cheat codes with arm9lh with luma or any other way of using cheat codes. Or indeed can explain it to me here? My 5yr old son really wants to buy a cat in nintendogs and cats and just can't seem to get enough money together.

Osmosis likes this.
  2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
  3. WiiKiing
    OP

WiiKiing Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    Cool thanks for the help. I have installed it booted it then the game as per the onscreen instructions but still can't figure out how to activate a cheat code or where to put a cheat code assuming i have to download a txt file or something

4. Osmosis

Osmosis Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.

Dec 20, 2014
    United States
  5. hotaru251

hotaru251 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    looking at guide quick says basically:

1. download the ntr cheat file for game(s) you want (the cheat file is a .plg) .
    2. put it in a folder named whatever the game's title id is (example of folder name would be 0004000000033500 if the cheat was for American version of LoZ OoT).
    3. make a folder called plugin on root of sd card.
    4. move the folder containing the cheat file into the plugin folder on sd card.
    5. load ntr on 3ds and then load the game.
    6. seems liek either select or x+y opens cheat menu in most games.

6. drgnslayers

drgnslayers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2010
    Canada
    x+y for ntr plugin 1.0, SELECT for ntr plugin 2.0. besides, can someone explain me how to use the ntr on speedfly, please? Must I do something special, like renaming the file?